TV: Big Brother Canada - Season 7

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really didn't like how they played those 'what you don't want your cast mates to know' clips. Some were so much worse than others that it was completely unfair. Some people laid their whole strategy out there while others talked about irrelevant stuff.

Eh, some were bigger than others, but they were all pretty relevant.

Felt bad for the guy who said he was a Social Media Manager, and then 2 minutes later, they show the clip of him saying his real job. Not the biggest "hidden secret" but he got exposed for lying 2 minutes after he lied.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I have not watched BB Canada in years. I tuned in last night and was pleasantly surprised how well the host was preforming - she of the BIG hair. In year 1, she was God-awful.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Eh, some were bigger than others, but they were all pretty relevant.

Felt bad for the guy who said he was a Social Media Manager, and then 2 minutes later, they show the clip of him saying his real job. Not the biggest "hidden secret" but he got exposed for lying 2 minutes after he lied.

I don't know, the one about his religion isn't a big deal and one about doing readings isn't much I don't think but the ones that said "I'm a very good liar", "I plan to throw competitions at the start and show I'm a comp beast later" and "I plan on throwing comps" are all pretty bad for trying to gain peoples trust.

Reactions: Evil Speaker

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I just don't like the BBCan game. I'll still watch but it's not even close to as good as USA's version.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I didn't really like Laura, it's too early to say who I'm cheering for, but I do like the Chinese guy, I can't remember his name.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I just don't like the BBCan game. I'll still watch but it's not even close to as good as USA's version.
The first season this was true, but the last two or three seasons, the Canadian version has been better than the American.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I've never watched this show before, but I got addicted to the U.S. Celebrity version earlier this year (silly as it was), and thought I'd check out the Canadian show.

I watched the first episode today. Maybe it's just something I'm sensitive about because I'm getting older, but does it seem like every contestant is between 25-30? The only one I can think of who's outside that range is the 42-year old psychic. And naturally, she's lying about her age and telling the group she's 29.

I understand that Global is trying to appeal to their preferred demographics in viewers, I just wish there was a bit more diversity age-wise in the players.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I've never watched this show before, but I got addicted to the U.S. Celebrity version earlier this year (silly as it was), and thought I'd check out the Canadian show.

I watched the first episode today. Maybe it's just something I'm sensitive about because I'm getting older, but does it seem like every contestant is between 25-30? The only one I can think of who's outside that range is the 42-year old psychic. And naturally, she's lying about her age and telling the group she's 29.

I understand that Global is trying to appeal to their preferred demographics in viewers, I just wish there was a bit more diversity age-wise in the players.

I think this show's demographics is for 18 to 36 years of age. I'm 57 and enjoy this show. I too wish there were some older contestants, the first few years of Survivor had a good diversity of age, unfortunately that is no longer.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I'm not sure that I like the new twist that the hoh can't play in the veto competition and only the nomination players and 3 others. This takes away the power of the hoh, I wonder how this twist will change the game.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont hate the season so far. but im a fan of the game anyways.
that showmance is already annoying. you're from the same tiny province. you'll see each other again. get rid of her....

Reactions: tacogeoff

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I hope Chelsea isn't gone this week, I don't want her to win, but the show has more drama with her, I think Sam is going.

goggog

Sep 2, 2006
Canada
This is the 1st BBCAN season I've watched since Season 2 and I'm enjoying it.
Don't like the HOH not being allowed to partake in the Veto though.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
it feels early for a double eviction. 11 episodes in.. is it usually like this? i feel its later in the game.
still not a bad season. so far... fun players.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It was sad to see Eddie go, but he has been a bit of a floater, Dane is running the house so far.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Adam is torn between his pretty boys alliance and Samantha and I think Samantha's going to win.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I don't like the blood veto twist, it gave too much power to Kiera and she's one of the weakest players. I'm hoping the pretty boys alliance stays strong.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
You're right, I thought he was going to win this game, but now it looks like it's going to be Sam. The pretty boys alliance is getting broken up because of Adam.

He had a chance to clear the air and failed. Her name didnt even come out of his mouth first...if i remember the clip they showed right.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He had a chance to clear the air and failed. Her name didnt even come out of his mouth first...if i remember the clip they showed right.

That clip didn't even make any sense to me. IMO it was a heavily edited clip to make Dane look like his argument was terrible, because he ended up being the target nominee. The argument might have actually be awful too who knows, but the conversation they were having didn't even make coherent sense, and Dane was mostly just silent or saying whatever. It's like they included a lot of the end of a typical conversation without including any of the beginning of it IMO.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad