TV: Big Brother Canada - Season 7

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Another person on the show from my city, last one was Dallas so we'll see how this one does :laugh:

It's Kaela this time, she seems pretty hardcore BB and aggressive. She probably won't last.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"The champ that runs the camp." Someone let AJ Styles in the house?

Any way to watch it in the States?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I wish they would spread out where the contestants are from.

Theres like 3(?) people from Vancouver, a few in the GTA + Guelph + Ottawa. Thats almost half the cast.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Ryan Ballantine runs our podcast on my CFL Site.

He's a great guy, and this is a life long dream for him.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just hoping its not to twisty!

edit:

oh wait lol, a quick google search

"The one thing the ruthless over-thinker won’t be able to account for, however, are twists, which Big Brother Canada has promised in excess this time around – and has already kicked off by giving Canada the power to pick two houseguests."

oh well. hopefully the twists wont be too crazy.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Watched the house tour today, and it looks insane. Global definitely didn't cut the budget whatsoever.

I do wish they went more like BBUS and did a more generic house feel while maintaining the theme, instead of just, throwing it all in your face and it looks more like a TV Show set, rather than a house (which I know, it is a TV show set :laugh: )

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Just hoping its not to twisty!

edit:

oh wait lol, a quick google search

"The one thing the ruthless over-thinker won’t be able to account for, however, are twists, which Big Brother Canada has promised in excess this time around – and has already kicked off by giving Canada the power to pick two houseguests."

oh well. hopefully the twists wont be too crazy.
For as bad the way a lot of people hate the twists on Big Brother in the United States, I find the twists on Big Brother Canada to be a lot worse and that's going back to the season 1. I hated that "Twistos twist of the season" phrase. Now the funny thing is I have read on Twitter that Evil Dick likes Big Brother Canada a lot more because he thinks the people selected are there to play the game and not to try and get famous like on the USA version.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
For as bad the way a lot of people hate the twists on Big Brother in the United States, I find the twists on Big Brother Canada to be a lot worse and that's going back to the season 1. I hated that "Twistos twist of the season" phrase. Now the funny thing is I have read on Twitter that Evil Dick likes Big Brother Canada a lot more because he thinks the people selected are there to play the game and not to try and get famous like on the USA version.

Twisted Twist... ugh, that was awful.

Gary being put back in... I think it was the final 4? Was just horrible as well. Thank God that Houseguest messed up their vote to win and Gary didn’t win.

It’s been a lot better the past couple of seasons though, much better than the US version

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Twisted Twist... ugh, that was awful.

Gary being put back in... I think it was the final 4? Was just horrible as well. Thank God that Houseguest messed up their vote to win and Gary didn’t win.

It’s been a lot better the past couple of seasons though, much better than the US version
Yup I also hated Gary going back in when the other assumed they were down to the final 4. I know that's been done on the American version, however it was never that late into the game. So Topaz screwing up the vote was a nice surprise.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
it's hard to watch big brother and survivor at the same time, there are too many names to remember and can be confusing,

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Does anyone think that Topaz didn't mess up that final vote? She made a big point about how she was "150%" about her vote. I believe she even said it twice. I think she made a big deal of the situation because of her friendship with Gary. Gary would have been super pissed had she voted against him, but I really believe she voted for the person she wanted to vote for.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think fans will get too much power again and players will not be able to play without fear. i like the the cast indeed and the concept is cool this year.

(is this wednesdays, thursdays and mondays?)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
i think fans will get too much power again and players will not be able to play without fear. i like the the cast indeed and the concept is cool this year.

(is this wednesdays, thursdays and mondays?)

Wednesday, Thursday and Monday, yeah.

And yeah, Arisa saying that they want to reward Canada for bringing the show back, has me not that optimistic. They let Canada vote in the last 2 houseguests, hopefully the rest will be like, "vote for which type of veto" and like "should the entire house be on slop!" instead of specific things like "vote for which houseguest gets this advantage/power" or Canada being HOH for a week.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm intrigued by Ryan. He said he wants to be this big villain, and not care about anyone's feelings, but thus far we haven't seen anything from him.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
guy with the glasses came out playing quite hard and it will be interesting to see how far he can make it. Imo its a tough sell pretending to be indecisive when there is three of you left in the HOH comp.. not make a HOH deal and then proceed to blow the competition away in the POV challenge.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I'm intrigued by Ryan. He said he wants to be this big villain, and not care about anyone's feelings, but thus far we haven't seen anything from him.

Yeah, I've watched some of the live feeds, because Ryan is a good friend of mine, and he's playing pretty nice guy right now. He's also making the classic mistake of talking a bit too much and hoping the person that he's plotting with doesn't tell any one else. Which we all know doesn't happen.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah the HOH might hurt him, but if he doesnt win the veto and someone is taken off, he has to nominate a 3rd person. that could be worse for his game.
at this point he needs to start pointing fingers at big dude who separated the house.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
yeah the HOH might hurt him, but if he doesnt win the veto and someone is taken off, he has to nominate a 3rd person. that could be worse for his game.
at this point he needs to start pointing fingers at big dude who separated the house.

Good point about the veto.

I think the two newcomer distraction will take the heat off his excellent comp performances and the guy that had to separate the house.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
redbeard calling himself a villain.... nominates who the house wants out. not looking good.
but househusband managed to stay under the radar despite that good week.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad