TV: Big Brother 19 US Part 2: All You Meatballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Watching after dark..

Raven would be something special if she had no voice.

Do they make the whole house visit the HOH room when ready? I can't see Cody going otherwise.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Thoughts on this season so far...

I hate when players return, even as much as I liked Paul last season, but overall he's provided for a good "storyline" between the two sides of the house.

I like that Christmas isn't afraid to go against Paul, even if she is with him. Hope she can heal up physically soon so she's not a weak link when she needs to step up (no pun intended).

Josh is amazing :laugh: He is literally the biggest hypocrite they've ever had on the show. In the first couple weeks I had compared him to Devin from season 16 (Bomb Squad, BRO). He is the definition of "can dish it out, but can't take it" and that makes for great drama. The pots and pans and his other theatrics are awesome for a show built on ****** people creating drama.

I have enjoyed Cody since week 1 but he got screwed by twists and challenges. What was it, 5 people he had to nom? How can you not be a target after that week after pissing off 5 people in the first week. If that hadn't happened, his fate would likely be way different. Never liked Jess though and think together, their games both got ruined. Sucks that Cody is just mopey now but what can you do when nobody wants to stand and fight with you anymore.

Kevin is the guy you want to win. HILARIOUSLY unaware sometimes but all around nice guy. Last night he said something about "having ESPN" (ESP) :laugh: he kills me when he often has no idea about Big Brother-isms.

Raven... is there... something wrong with her? She seems... off... that's about as politely as I can describe her. Also, who is Matt..., he's literally only there for the occasional DR narration on things.

A DE will make things interesting, I HOPE and pray they get Paul out, otherwise it will just continue the formula of him controlling everything. Or even better, they try to get him out, but DON'T so then the sides have to re-align and re-organize. The show is at its best when it's not a one-sided clearing out.

Great season, in my opinion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Watching after dark..

Do they make the whole house visit the HOH room when ready? I can't see Cody going otherwise.

They don't force you to do it, no. It's just nice. Alex has been HOH before, but Cody actually likes her, so we'll see.

Thoughts on this season so far...

I hate when players return, even as much as I liked Paul last season, but overall he's provided for a good "storyline" between the two sides of the house.

I like that Christmas isn't afraid to go against Paul, even if she is with him. Hope she can heal up physically soon so she's not a weak link when she needs to step up (no pun intended).

Josh is amazing :laugh: He is literally the biggest hypocrite they've ever had on the show. In the first couple weeks I had compared him to Devin from season 16 (Bomb Squad, BRO). He is the definition of "can dish it out, but can't take it" and that makes for great drama. The pots and pans and his other theatrics are awesome for a show built on ****** people creating drama.

I have enjoyed Cody since week 1 but he got screwed by twists and challenges. What was it, 5 people he had to nom? How can you not be a target after that week after pissing off 5 people in the first week. If that hadn't happened, his fate would likely be way different. Never liked Jess though and think together, their games both got ruined. Sucks that Cody is just mopey now but what can you do when nobody wants to stand and fight with you anymore.

Kevin is the guy you want to win. HILARIOUSLY unaware sometimes but all around nice guy. Last night he said something about "having ESPN" (ESP) :laugh: he kills me when he often has no idea about Big Brother-isms.

Raven... is there... something wrong with her? She seems... off... that's about as politely as I can describe her. Also, who is Matt..., he's literally only there for the occasional DR narration on things.

A DE will make things interesting, I HOPE and pray they get Paul out, otherwise it will just continue the formula of him controlling everything. Or even better, they try to get him out, but DON'T so then the sides have to re-align and re-organize. The show is at its best when it's not a one-sided clearing out.

Great season, in my opinion.

All Cody had to do was tell the people he was working with what he wanted to do, and none of this ridiculousness would have ever happened. Even if that Paul plan backfired.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
They don't force you to do it, no. It's just nice. Alex has been HOH before, but Cody actually likes her, so we'll see.

Good point. It's been a while since he praised her.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lol Paul compared Matt to Derrick for wanting to get to the finals and not win ****.

Didn't Derrick win numerous HOHs? lol

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I laughed when Josh called Jess a big linguine :laugh: (or maybe he called Matt that...I forget)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
lol Paul compared Matt to Derrick for wanting to get to the finals and not win ****.

Didn't Derrick win numerous HOHs? lol

He won 4. Which is tied for most in a season. He didn't win a Veto, though he never had too, as he didn't get nominated once pre-finale.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Temptation comp:

[spoil]Mark wins and is safe. Matt is nominated.[/spoil]

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
[spoil] Mark is solid at those temp competitions, unfortunately for him that was the last one [/spoil]

Watching after dark..

didn't Jess run off to the DR when Paul won earlier this season?

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

He did that to himself. First week is when you make safe picks and when 2 of the 5 you nominate are backstabbing moves, you screw yourself. Backstabbing people week 1? :laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Josh is extremely annoying. If he acts like that in his day to day life, sooner or later someone will cave his face in. I wasn't the biggest Cody fan, but the way that the house teamed up again his and Jessica, I hope that somehow he takes out Paul and wins.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
[spoil]Let me get this straight, Alex wanted to use PAUL as a pawn alongside Elena this week, but Jason volunteered because Paul may go home if he's up there? What a ****ing idiot.

Also saw the house gang up on Mark... he's not going to survive DE if he doesn't win, but on the other hand, if Paul ever goes home, I have a feeling it'll be at the hands of a Mark or Cody HOH at this point since the rest of the house is really ****ing stupid and seem fine with handing Paul $500k.

They may as well divide the amount over six cheques so Alex, Jason, Raven, Matt, Josh and Christmas can each hand deliver one to Paul on finale night.

With Mark safe for this week, I hope Cody gets to play veto, wins and pulls Elena off the block so one of that side of the house has to be evicted.
This infatuation they all have with Paul is absolutely nuts.[/spoil]

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Josh is extremely annoying. If he acts like that in his day to day life, sooner or later someone will cave his face in. I wasn't the biggest Cody fan, but the way that the house teamed up again his and Jessica, I hope that somehow he takes out Paul and wins.

About 90% of house guests are nothing like they are inside the house than in it.

Nonetheless, Jessica and Cody were far more brutal to Josh than the other way around. His pots and pans act turned into a house joke, even Jessica laughed and tossed stuff at him when he did it, it only really bothered Cody.

Listen, I understand not liking Paul's side of the house. Understandable. They've done some ****** things. However, it blows my mind when people act like Cody and Jessica are victims (or vice versa).

Cody and Jessica put a lot of this on themselves, mainly due to Cody's idiotic gameplay, however they were also salty af the next week. Ever since then they've been *******s to pretty much everyone at some point.

However, the other side have also been *******s.

Sick of this "_____ are being bullied! Oh no!" Crap

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
About 90% of house guests are nothing like they are inside the house than in it.

Nonetheless, Jessica and Cody were far more brutal to Josh than the other way around. His pots and pans act turned into a house joke, even Jessica laughed and tossed stuff at him when he did it, it only really bothered Cody.

Listen, I understand not liking Paul's side of the house. Understandable. They've done some ****** things. However, it blows my mind when people act like Cody and Jessica are victims (or vice versa).

Cody and Jessica put a lot of this on themselves, mainly due to Cody's idiotic gameplay, however they were also salty af the next week. Ever since then they've been *******s to pretty much everyone at some point.

However, the other side have also been *******s.

Sick of this "_____ are being bullied! Oh no!" Crap

Is this a joke?

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
They are all behaving like whiny, petty children. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they don't behave this way outside of the house and this is just a symptom of being cooped up for this long.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is this a joke?

"Far more" isn't true, but is it a joke? No, it's not. The fight the other day was all about Jessica being spoiled and rotten. Josh just turns it into a show, because he knows that's what bothers them. They had the one that was in like week 2 where he tried to talk to them and both of them just kept telling him to **** off (literally) and then he just turns it into the circus. People getting too caught up on them two being such big targets and forgetting why they were big targets in the first place.

They are all behaving like whiny, petty children. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they don't behave this way outside of the house and this is just a symptom of being cooped up for this long.

It's always part of the social experiment.

[spoil]Let me get this straight, Alex wanted to use PAUL as a pawn alongside Elena this week, but Jason volunteered because Paul may go home if he's up there? What a ****ing idiot.

Also saw the house gang up on Mark... he's not going to survive DE if he doesn't win, but on the other hand, if Paul ever goes home, I have a feeling it'll be at the hands of a Mark or Cody HOH at this point since the rest of the house is really ****ing stupid and seem fine with handing Paul $500k.

They may as well divide the amount over six cheques so Alex, Jason, Raven, Matt, Josh and Christmas can each hand deliver one to Paul on finale night.

With Mark safe for this week, I hope Cody gets to play veto, wins and pulls Elena off the block so one of that side of the house has to be evicted.
This infatuation they all have with Paul is absolutely nuts.[/spoil]

[spoil]Jason is right. If part of the house decides to flip it, they have trouble trying to spin it where it wasn't their idea and they're on the outs. Nobody can get rid of Paul until close to the end. Paul might still win, but it's what they should be doing if they're playing to win the game.[/spoil]

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
"Far more" isn't true, but is it a joke? No, it's not. The fight the other day was all about Jessica being spoiled and rotten. Josh just turns it into a show, because he knows that's what bothers them. They had the one that was in like week 2 where he tried to talk to them and both of them just kept telling him to **** off (literally) and then he just turns it into the circus. People getting too caught up on them two being such big targets and forgetting why they were big targets in the first place.

I don't see how this relates to who has been the biggest dirtbag between the three of them. Look, you won't find me defending Cody and Jessica on much of their antics. It's actually pathetic that I find myself cheering for them, as it's only because the house is filled with even more dislikeable people than those two. I really disliked Cody's unprovoked rudeness toward Meagan, for example. I really dislike Jessica's petty attitude toward Alex at the very beggining of the game. This is all before some of the nonsense they devoted themselves to later in the game.

But you see, while I understand the fun in picking whom you want to cheer for. I don't understand why we have to lie to ourselves to make it easier to root for another person. I actually don't mind Josh all that much. I accept him for who he is. I dislike Paul much more. But to suggest that Cody and Jessica have been more vile toward josh than he has been to them is a complete and utter joke. Again, no doubt about it. Cody and Jessica haven't helped themselves. And yes, they have been unnecessarily harsh on Josh at times.

Still, we all know that Josh and Cody basically stopped interacting with most people in the house, including, Josh. But Josh consistently insulted them even when they were disinterested. I can't believe this is even a debate.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I don't see how this relates to who has been the biggest dirtbag between the three of them. Look, you won't find me defending Cody and Jessica on much of their antics. It's actually pathetic that I find myself cheering for them, as it's only because the house is filled with even more dislikeable people than those two. I really disliked Cody's unprovoked rudeness toward Meagan, for example. I really dislike Jessica's petty attitude toward Alex at the very beggining of the game. This is all before some of the nonsense they devoted themselves to later in the game.

But you see, while I understand the fun in picking whom you want to cheer for. I don't understand why we have to lie to ourselves to make it easier to root for another person. I actually don't mind Josh all that much. I accept him for who he is. I dislike Paul much more. But to suggest that Cody and Jessica have been more vile toward josh than he has been to them is a complete and utter joke. Again, no doubt about it. Cody and Jessica haven't helped themselves. And yes, they have been unnecessarily harsh on Josh at times.

Still, we all know that Josh and Cody basically stopped interacting with most people in the house, including, Josh. But Josh consistently insulted them even when they were disinterested. I can't believe this is even a debate.

I could be wrong but was the last big fight not due completely to Jess provoking josh? Did she not come in from outside and interrupt a conversation he was having with someone else to insult his intelligence by asking if he could even spell drought?

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
Mattilaus;135179159[B said:
]I could be wrong but was the last big fight not due completely to Jess provoking josh? [/B]Did she not come in from outside and interrupt a conversation he was having with someone else to insult his intelligence by asking if he could even spell drought?

Absolutely. And that was completely stupid and wrong of Jessica. I won't be minimizing the extend of hers and Cody's wrong behaviour. However, as you said, that was the last big fight. That is one of many fights over the last several weeks, and in most of them, Josh was clearly the instigator and went too far at numerous times with his antics.

Josh's victim mentality shouldn't tempt us to see him as the victim. Neither one of them are the victims. But it's abundantly clear that Cody and Jess have been subjected to more of the nonsense than Josh has, especially when Josh has Paul and the entire house on his side. Again, this doesn't excuse Cody and Jess' own behaviour. But's let's not kid ourselves here.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Veto Comp was prizes and punishments.

[spoil]Elena gets cash prize
Mark got a vacation to Colorado
Whole house gets an Outback dinner
Jason has to wear a unitard
Alex has to cook everyone hot dogs at their leisure, she was 2nd place
Christmas and Paul have are chained together (Paul picked Christmas)
Matt won the Veto[/spoil]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad