Big Ben appreciation thread

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
We talking about Ottawa native Ben Eager? Cause I love that guy.

He could probably beat up Conacher

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
Wish him nothing but the best. He played well for us and I'm sure he'll keep doing the same in Tampa.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Bye Big Ben and thanks:

account‏@Benbishop30
Can't say enough about my time in Ottawa. The fans, the players, the organization, the time was amazing. I will miss it all. #firstclass

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
I can't wish him anything else but success.

Always smiling and he always had something to say to players coming back to the bench. Seems like he was an awesome teammate.

tehdee

Feb 4, 2008
Logged into this thread to repost the tweet that PEPTY posted above...

Ben seemed to be a guy that the room embraced and in turn who embraced the room; players' tweets echoed that, as did the tone in Ben's tweet-- he seems genuinely saddened to be leaving.

While this speaks volumes to Ben's being a character guy, it also says a lot about the culture that Murray, Mclean, et al. have created these past couple of seasons... While the term first class gets thrown around far too often, in this case it appears that Ottawa, as an organization, is not far off from fitting the bill.

That being said, best of luck to Ben Bishop. Goalie value is fickle--- here's hoping he continues to make a name for himself and enjoys continued success.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Big Ben was pure class and he is a part of lore here in Ottawa. He, along with Anderson and Lehner, paved over the Goalie Graveyard and exorcised it of all its demons.

We've gone from having the worst goaltending and praying for 2 goals or less to expecting perfection from our keepers. He was a big part of that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sad to see him go.

He was the obvious guy to be moved, and I think we got a wonderful return for him, but it doesn't make it less hard to say goodbye to an absolutely solid, character player.

All the best in Tampa, Ben.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Ben always sounds like a very calm classy guy in interviews. He and Andy must have gotten along great. Lehner as the younger 3rd guy always looked like he felt he had to prove himself. Hopefully Robin will be more relaxed now that he's in the NHL as the number 2 guy and won't feel like he needs to compete with Andy but rather that they are allies. All Lehner needs to do is be amenable, continue learning and concentrate on playing his best. The rest will take care of itself.

I wish Ben the best except against us of course.

PS: We'll sorely miss your shootout wins ;)

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
Bishop had class before he came to Ottawa. In his brief time here, he built on that class and added bonafide skill in the chances he got.

Ben - beat everyone out there that you possibly can, except us....

Nothing but the best!

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
He sounded pretty sad in his interviews :(

I really liked him.

You noticed that too eh? My heart goes out to him. You can tell he really bonded with the guys in that room. I'm just happy that he'll get a chance to start, and by extension, hopefully earn a much bigger contract starting next year. :)

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Bye Big Ben and thanks:

account‏@Benbishop30
Can't say enough about my time in Ottawa. The fans, the players, the organization, the time was amazing. I will miss it all. #firstclass

Wow, so, so, so classy. You can't help but love the big lug. :)

We'll miss ya, Ben. :cry:

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
I'm sorry to see him go but glad he'll have his chance at being a #1 goalie in Tampa. Seemed like a really genuine and humble guy, not to mention a great netminder.

Good luck Big Ben!

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but congrats to Ben for a 45 save shutout in his Lightning debut.

i'll always be a big fan of bishop, and i hope he becomes a quality starter in this league.

go bish :yo:

last year i was a little down on him, but this year he looked really solid

Bigup

Stache consultant
Jan 25, 2013
Ottawa
My memory is slipping as I get older, but wasn't his last start the shutout against the Rangers? If so he has a really good shutout streak going.

You forgot the **** show that was last Saturday. But we'll just act like it didn't happen. Yes yes crazy shut out streak going

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad