Big Ben appreciation thread

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
With the news that Bishop has been traded to TB (details pending), you knew this thread was coming. Thanks for doing such a great job for us, Ben! You'll be missed (though we'll see ya in our division starting next year).

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I wish him the best in Tampa, he held us in the playoff race up until this trade.

RingoCalamity

Oct 25, 2006
He played well and I liked him a lot. Still, the writing was on the wall that he'd be the odd man out. I wish him the best and look forward to seeing the return.

Alaskimo

Pesky Pesky...
Jul 28, 2011
With the news that Bishop has been traded to TB (details pending), you knew this thread was coming. Thanks for doing such a great job for us, Ben! You'll be missed (though we'll see ya in our division starting next year).

This was needed; he played great for us. Seemed like he really loved being in Ottawa and playing at SBP, hopefully the Lightning fans will show him the same love :handclap:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Ben Bishop: great goalie in small sample size. Great teammate. Great person. I'll be sorry to see him go. He's got a fan for life in me.

That said, excited for the Conacher era.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Big reason we are in the position we are. Sad to see him go, but it had to happen sometime.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hope to see tbay in the playoffs next season with bishop in nets, if he can solidify their goaltending, they should bean exciting team to watch

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I wish we could roll with Anderson/Bishop or Lehner/Bishop because it gives us the best backup, but rolling Anderson/Lehner will give us the best #1 so we have no choice (if that makes sense).

Good luck in Tampa, just not vs us.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Thanks Ben, I believe you will be succesful in Tampa Bay, good luck

(I feel like we lost 2 great locker room guys in daug and bishop)

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
will miss you big ben, and having you in the division will suck.

thanks for saving our season, twice.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Wish you nothing but the best Ben great team guy always a smile on his face, even when the bench always looked happy and always gave his teammates support. Hope your career is great Ben and I for one appreciate everything you did for this team on and off the ice.

Sincerely - 2CHHHAAAIIIINNNZZZZ

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Ben seemed like an awesome team guy, and kept Ottawa in the playoff race two years in a row. Good luck against every team except Ottawa!:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad