Post-Game Talk: Big bad Bruins in the SENS Den, Thur. 7:30 pm on TSN

yoplait

May 4, 2011
I know he’s had many hand injuries. But I cant understand why Ryan is out there if he has the inability to shoot. So many prime opportunities and he forces a pass or shoots the weakest least accurate shot ever.

Reactions: DrEasy

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Wtf happened to claessen. Last year he at least looked okay in the puck. This year he wants no part of it

Seriously. He was the piece that Vegas was after... and we valued him so highly we were willing to lose Methot. His decline is really surprising - he looked the real deal last spring. I'm not surprised that much of the roster has fallen off or coming back to earth (you knew Smith's shooting pct. wasn't for real, Pageau isn't gonna get 7 shorties every year, Ryan will be Ryan,, Andy was due for the off year...), but I was comfortable with placing value on Claesson.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Seriously. He was the piece that Vegas was after... and we valued him so highly we were willing to lose Methot. His decline is really surprising - he looked the real deal last spring. I'm not surprised that much of the roster has fallen off or coming back to earth (you knew Smith's shooting pct. wasn't for real, Pageau isn't gonna get 7 shorties every year, Ryan will be Ryan,, Andy was due for the off year...), but I was comfortable with placing value on Claesson.

to be fair to Claesson, boucher also didn't put him in the best position. He sees Oduya who makes mistakes and gets of free, but if he did the same he would get stapled to the bench.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

If Vegas, was after Claesson why didn't they just take him.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
WTF is Brassard doing running the PP???!!

That last PP was atrocious. Unwatchable. That isn’t coaching. Not even close.

Not only that, but he was running it with Bobby frikkin Ryan! EK was basically useless down the wall waiting for those two bozos to do something.

Reactions: DrEasy

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Wish we could have timed our tank better... Dahlin looks good, but if we'ree finishing bottom woulda been nice to get a McDavid or Matthews. Need that franchise center.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Wish we could have timed our tank better... Dahlin looks good, but if we'ree finishing bottom woulda been nice to get a McDavid or Matthews. Need that franchise center.

We weren't even close to being this bad when those players were coming up. Dahlin is actually a great piece to add should we continue on this path.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We can easily give this year top 3 pick to COL and repeat our season next year
Don't underestimate us
Hell I think we can threepeat

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is it just me or does Karlsson bark at his teammates quite often? Often warranted though lol

He did it to Brass in the players during that infamous moment where there Brass was lazy on the puck, Andy had to come out to play it, and then we got scored on short handed as a result of it. They even did a TSN segment on it.

It's the kind of thing a leader can get away with if the perception is that he is busting his ass, giving it his all, etc and people respect his effort level. If there's ever a feeling that a person doing that is coasting or isn't buying in, that is the kind of thing that could become alienating. Especially in the playoffs with Karlsson in god mode, I assume it is mostly the former.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We weren't even close to being this bad when those players were coming up. Dahlin is actually a great piece to add should we continue on this path.

The thing is our roster isn't much worse right now. We actually started off the season pretty well before the wheels fell off.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Down a goal late with the empty net and Phaneuf is out there instead of Chabot lol. Not gonna be sad when Boucher’s out of here in April

Also gotta say I like Colin White a lot better as a center in this small sample size

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm really liking your idea of a Smith Bennett swap, but that's probably not happening. I feel like he's a perfect reclamation project.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me looking at CGY because I don't think they're risking giving us that 2019 1st for Smith, they have no 2nds for the next two seasons, so something like a B prospect+2nd wouldn't be on the table. If their GM is flying out here presumably scouting Smith, something pretty serious must be on the table.

At this point, I wouldn't even call Sam Bennett a prospect. He's in that Curtis Lazar/Nail Yakupov/Griffen Reinhart territory where it's do or die, both for his career as a star, and for him as an asset to CGY. I can see how there might be a possibility if they've given up on him they'd be motivated to move him for a player who otherwise (I think, I could be wrong) might cost a late 1st (that they don't even have). Basically, the same thing we did with Lazar, NYI did with Reinhart, and what EDM should have done with Yakupov two years before they ended up trading him.

It fits perfectly what Garrioch has claimed the Sens are looking for (Young NHL talent with cache).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->