Big 3-way trade approved

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
Sharks, Penguins and Bruins long negotiations finally ended and trade was approved my league early this morning finnish time.

To BOS - Spezza, Stafford, Handzus, Neuvirth, SJS 1 2013, PIT 2 2012 and CGY 2 2011
To SJS - Koivu, Petrecki, Nilsson, Pelech and BOS 3 2011
To PIT - Stoll, Raymond, Kopecky, Schneider, BOS 1 2011, BOS 3rd 2012, $1,000,000 from BOS

San Jose Sharks finally managed to land Mikko Koivu from Boston, with good overall ratings he is ready to take leader role in SJ. He and dany Heatley will be huge thread for opponents during the rest of season. Even sharks gave 4 ready players away, GM aint in panic finding replacements. Drew Stafford, Tomas Kopecky were playing in farm. Koivu replaces Handzus and Raymond will be replaced in roster by Jeff Tambellini or Steve Bernier.

With Koivu, Sharks received also former 1st round picks, future hopes, defensemen Nick Petrecki and Matt Pelech. 3rd prospect in trade was Luleå's goalie Anders Nilsson, former 3rd rd pick, who is playing in eliteserien finals with 1.68GAA.

to be seen what still happens before trade dadline

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Congratulation to related GM to pull a trade of this significant in such a little time. I believe all three teams are winners as San Jose got what they wanted in Koivu with whom they believe will take them deeper into the playoffs. I think Pittsburg were trying to offload a significant contract and with recent signing of Lucic and others, it wasn't a bad move. The Boston were just trying prove to the west that Eastern division is better and adding 4 significant piece will help them maintain their playoff dreams and hopefully meeting the western team in Stanley and have the record straight once and for all.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
That's the biggest trade I can recall... nice work on the part of the GMs to put it together, and kudos to the DoPP for wading through such a complex deal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad