Friedman: Bieksa only willing to sign in or near California

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Too bad no one is willing to sign him. Being an awful player and limiting your choice of teams so much is about the dumbest way to approach this.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
What difference does it make? He doesn't want to move his family. That's all he's saying. I'm not defending his play with us but I can respect the fact that he wants to stay near his family and not call him delusional. Just admit you hate the player instead of making up reasons as to why you're right.

well it makes a difference if you're going to claim that im "ignoring what was actually stated"

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I said an NHL team offered him a contract. What difference does it make if its an AHL, vet minimum, 2 way, 7x10? It's a contract offer

Actually, it was Bieksa who said he was offered a contract.....

You decided to believe him.

He does have a few reasons to not tell the truth.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Bieksa is a man with integrity. He's not lying about anything. I bet it was the Stars or Avalanche that made the offer.

To give context to Bieksa's preference, he's saying he wants a short, direct flight home. Vancouver, for example, is "close to California" in NHL terms.

Reactions: mymerlincat

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Guy is probably just trying to save face because he can't even get a PTO.

Always been a windbag.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I think the sharks tried to trade for him once. While I definitely wouldn't want them to, I wouldn't be too too surprised if he gets a contract offer from the sharks for an 8/9D role around the trade deadline, assuming he plays left side (not sure) and is unsigned by then. Fingers crossed for no contract, though.

member 105785

I think the sharks tried to trade for him once. While I definitely wouldn't want them to, I wouldn't be too too surprised if he gets a contract offer from the sharks for an 8/9D role around the trade deadline, assuming he plays left side (not sure) and is unsigned by then. Fingers crossed for no contract, though.

The Leafs did too, he was a pretty valuable commodity around 2008 despite what people will say now. I believe it was Steen for Bieksa straight up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bieksa is a man with integrity. He's not lying about anything. I bet it was the Stars or Avalanche that made the offer.

To give context to Bieksa's preference, he's saying he wants a short, direct flight home. Vancouver, for example, is "close to California" in NHL terms.

Look we all want a nice stripper as a wife with great personality, but that's not gonna happen. sometimes things don't go your way.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The fact that he needed to go public with it, to make himself look like a good guy................who says he is in better shape than 95% of the rest of the guys who actually are playing................

The guy thinks he is all that, and he has pretty much been a nothing his whole career and yet finds a way to be arrogant even when trying to be a nice guy.
The only one that seems to be whining about anything is you.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
He is probably the worst dman I have ever seen on the Ducks if you count in the fact that he made 4M / year and cost us a 2nd rounder. Very happy hes gone.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The Ducks opting to sign Luke Schenn to replace Bieksa says a lot about Kevin's abilities.
ZDLa6-.gif

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

:laugh:

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Love Bieksa. He helped us win a playoff series in 2015 when we otherwise may not have. Sad to see him leave the Ducks. Hopefully the Kings/Sharks/Oilers/Golden Knights can find a spot in their lineup for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad