Friedman: Bieksa only willing to sign in or near California

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That’s not an exaggeration either. This is a guy who repeatedly shoved opposing players into our goaltender, like it was some sort of defensive strategy, and then turned to the referee as if to go “How are you letting this happen?”

Or he’d make a mistake and it would lead to a potential scoring opportunity, and he would have zero urgency in getting back to correct it.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah, that's the sad thing. If he committed to adapting his play that way, he'd still be a commodity in the league. We saw glimpses of it, but unfortunately it remained glimpses.

He managed elevate his game in that one playoff run and it seemed to earn him some rope. Otherwise it was quite frustrating to have a player acquired to be a steady veteran presence, only to find him more erratic than a rookie.

Reactions: Exit Dose

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
He managed elevate his game in that one playoff run and it seemed to earn him some rope. Otherwise it was quite frustrating to have a player acquired to be a steady veteran presence, only to find him more erratic than a rookie.
He was always like that. I loved having him in Vancouver as a second pairing guy but for as much good that he brought on the ice, he could bring the same amounts of frustration. Unless it was a contract year.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
That’s not an exaggeration either. This is a guy who repeatedly shoved opposing players into our goaltender, like it was some sort of defensive strategy, and then turned to the referee as if to go “How are you letting this happen?”

Or he’d make a mistake and it would lead to a potential scoring opportunity, and he would have zero urgency in getting back to correct it.

Casual Kev!

member 290103

LOL. Juice has been finished for years. If any team takes him on they'll regret it.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
There’s some real weird takes in this thread. “Begging” “Making excuses” “Too confident in himself”, do people actually think that’s what going on here. Not that he’s ready to just be a full time dad and only willing to play if it’s the right fit for him and his family? Seriously?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
The fact that he needed to go public with it, to make himself look like a good guy................who says he is in better shape than 95% of the rest of the guys who actually are playing................

The guy thinks he is all that, and he has pretty much been a nothing his whole career and yet finds a way to be arrogant even when trying to be a nice guy.
Yes - Bieksa is washed up but to say that he was a nothing his whole career is ludicrous. The guy had a very solid career in Vancouver for a number of years there, and was excellent during that 2011 cup run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
The fact that he needed to go public with it, to make himself look like a good guy................who says he is in better shape than 95% of the rest of the guys who actually are playing................

The guy thinks he is all that, and he has pretty much been a nothing his whole career and yet finds a way to be arrogant even when trying to be a nice guy.

Ill take a combo #5 with a Large Fries.

member 290103

Clearly - you were breastfed by your father as a child.

Yes - Bieksa is washed up but to say that he was a nothing his whole career is ludicrous. The guy had a very solid career in Vancouver for a number of years there, and was excellent during that 2011 cup run.

This is true, but as a Canucks fan I never really liked him as a player. His defensive awareness has always been amongst the worst of any d-man on the team. He got by based on the fact he put up some points here and there, and was a snarly, sarcastic personality that dropped the gloves on occasion.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
There’s some real weird takes in this thread. “Begging” “Making excuses” “Too confident in himself”, do people actually think that’s what going on here. Not that he’s ready to just be a full time dad and only willing to play if it’s the right fit for him and his family? Seriously?
Yeah, the guy has made enough money where he doesn't have to do anything.

I don't blame him one bit if he doesn't want to put his body through it for another year unless it is the absolute perfect fit for him and his family.

I'm just happy the Ducks have moved on

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hahahahahahahahaha bold strategy bieksa

so glad he's gone. between his god awful play last season and his comments after the ducks playoff exit, it's pretty clear he's delusional

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
hahahahahahahahaha bold strategy bieksa

so glad he's gone. between his god awful play last season and his comments after the ducks playoff exit, it's pretty clear he's delusional
Yeah, saying he wants to only play where he can be close to his family is delusional. You’re right.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yeah, saying he wants to only play where he can be close to his family is delusional. You’re right.

the guy has no business playing at the NHL level

and to along with that he's narrowing it down to two teams as if they'd be bidding for his services. yeah that's delusional

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
the guy has no business playing at the NHL level

and to along with that he's narrowing it down to two teams as if they'd be bidding for his services. yeah that's delusional
If that’s how you’re taking it instead of realizing that family is more important to him than hockey then I think someone else is being delusional here.

Reactions: travis scott

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Saying he’s in better shape than basically the league probably brought on more scorn than the family comments.

That and being the most consistently bad defenseman on our team for two years.....the two best things he did were the Superman punch (good because it injured him and he couldn’t play), and playing dress up for the video.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If that’s how you’re taking it instead of realizing that family is more important to him than hockey then I think someone else is being delusional here.

if he hasn't realized yet that no NHL team wants anything to do with him at this point he's delusional

but i mean we already saw that last season when the ducks were eliminated and he criticized the team for not using him more

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
if he hasn't realized yet that no NHL team wants anything to do with him at this point he's delusional

but i mean we already saw that last season when the ducks were eliminated and he criticized the team for not using him more
He was talking to an NHL team two weeks ago but declined their offer because he didn’t want to move too far way. Please actually read the article instead of reading the thread title and making a ridiculous post because you hate the player.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
He was talking to an NHL team two weeks ago but declined their offer because he didn’t want to move too far way. Please actually read the article instead of reading the thread title and making a ridiculous post because you hate the player.

yeah they could have offered him a minor league deal which is why he declined

that's where he belongs at the moment

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
yeah they could have offered him a minor league deal which is why he declined

that's where he belongs at the moment
If you’re going to ignore what’s actually stated and just use your uninformed assumptions as the basis for your argument, I’m not going to continue debating this with you any longer

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If you’re going to ignore what’s actually stated and just use your uninformed assumptions as the basis for your argument, I’m not going to continue debating this with you any longer

where is it stated that he was offered a NHL contract?

i never thought i'd find a ducks fan willing to bend over backwards to defend bieksa but of course it turns out to be you

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
where is it stated that he was offered a NHL contract?

i never thought i'd find a ducks fan willing to bend over backwards to defend bieksa but of course it turns out to be you
What difference does it make? He doesn't want to move his family. That's all he's saying. I'm not defending his play with us but I can respect the fact that he wants to stay near his family and not call him delusional. Just admit you hate the player instead of making up reasons as to why you're right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->