Friedman: Bieksa only willing to sign in or near California

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If you get a contract anywhere you should thank there's a gm dumb enough out there to offer you one.

Time to retire, Bieksa.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
The fact that he needed to go public with it, to make himself look like a good guy................who says he is in better shape than 95% of the rest of the guys who actually are playing................

The guy thinks he is all that, and he has pretty much been a nothing his whole career and yet finds a way to be arrogant even when trying to be a nice guy.

The only whining I’ve seen here seems to be from you

I don’t think there’s a spot for bieksa in the league anymore, the game has passed him by. . . But I understand the desire to keep playing . . . Clearly it’s secondary to family life at this point which is the way it should be for guys w kids that age

Reactions: go4hockey

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

This thread screams Bakersfield California... home of the Condors!

splash_main.jpg

Edit: I see I am very late to the party.

Last edited:

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
The fact that he needed to go public with it, to make himself look like a good guy................who says he is in better shape than 95% of the rest of the guys who actually are playing................

The guy thinks he is all that, and he has pretty much been a nothing his whole career and yet finds a way to be arrogant even when trying to be a nice guy.
He was pretty serviceable top 4 dman for a good chunk of his career, wouldn’t say he’s been “nohting” his whole career

lawrence

May 19, 2012
which means he only wants to sign with an American Pacific team, which is fine, a lot of former players or players love that region.

that being said, he's done. call it a career.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not getting into the debate over his ego but I can respect his priorities. He’s had a long career, has presumably made enough money that he never has to worry about work again, and at this point in his life he cares more about being a father than an NHL player. I’ll never bash a guy for that.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think it’s funny that he says he’s in better shape than 95% of the NHL, and then cites the fact that he plans to do the Tough Mudder as a reason why that is. I see fat f***s who look like they’ve never stepped foot in a gym wearing tough mudder shirts all the time.

Reactions: lawrence

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
if he wants a job in California I heard the new Dunkin' Donuts up the street is hiring.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He was pretty serviceable top 4 dman for a good chunk of his career, wouldn’t say he’s been “nohting” his whole career
He was never really anything, that he thought he was............and obviously still isn't. Guy comes off most times being a douchebag, and arrogant one...

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
The guy is a legend in his own mind.............should be able to retire at this point...no one really cares about this guy. Be a family guy and stop whining about it Kev.

Seems to me he's just a guy who has his priorities in order. The fitness remark is just a joke. It's pretty gullible to believe that he actually believes that.

The fact that he needed to go public with it, to make himself look like a good guy.

:eyeroll: You say that as though he personally arranged a press conference himself. Without any evidence, I can say pretty confidently that he was contacted by media (or possibly even a non-West Coast GM) either by phone or at a rink.

Last edited:
Reactions: travis scott

BeLeafInTheFuture

Jul 4, 2018
Scotland
This will probably be his excuse when he isn't signed this season and has to retire "Well I said I wanted to stay in California, but nobody offered me a deal". He should bow out now as he's clearly been done for a good few years.

Reactions: BLONG7

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Bieksa's still around?

I honestly thought he retired like a half decade ago

I wish he had.

That comes across as a little mean, but Anaheim would have been much better off if he had. I have no issues with him as a person, and he seems likable enough, but it didn’t take very long for me to wince every time I saw him on the ice.

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player as clueless as him when it came to on-ice awareness and decision making. It wasn’t like he lacked the talent to be a solid player, but the decisions he made on the ice never failed to make you ask “What the f*** are you doing, Bieksa?”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->