Friedman: Bieksa only willing to sign in or near California

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
At this point, it's like me saying I'm only willing to play for the Leafs. Sounds great, but somehow I doubt they (or anyone else) would be interested.

Reactions: Soedy

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Because no one will actually read the link. Quite clear about why.

8. Kevin Bieksa said Tuesday that he was talking to an NHL team as recently as two weeks ago about something for this season, but ultimately said no because it meant living alone too far from his family. “My wife (Katie) is very supportive about me playing if I want to. Same with my father and my brothers. Saying no was not their decision. But being away from my children at this time in their lives is not something I’m interested in at this point in their lives.”
His son is turning 11, his daughter nine. He’s taking them to school every day, attending their extra-curricular pursuits, happy to be a dad. “I’m not retired, but it would have to be something close to home (California).”
9. Asked if he was still training, Bieksa answered. “Yes, as if I was going to play.” He’s scheduled to compete in what is called a Spartan obstacle race next month in Dallas. It’s a four-mile run with more than 20 obstacles. “I’m still in better shape than 95 per cent of the players and 100 per cent of the media.”

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Wouldn't he have a good chance to fill the 1C role in Montreal? Montreal has California-like weather, I hear.................. :sarcasm:

Reactions: mattihp

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
AHL hockey is his best bet then.

All of the California NHL teams appear to be pretty set on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad