Beware of the forums

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I was browsing this ad/filth infested forum & it hijacked my browser - it also deleted all my passwords on LastPass somehow before printing random things (had to stop it all). I'm doing a full malware/virus scan just in case, I've also noticed my browser's been a lot slower than usual lately (every since a couple of weeks)... I can also confirm that this website is constantly downloading and uploading stuff (my bandwidth on this web is completely out of whack). I've tried to do whatever I was told on the Support subforum, but after this hijack - I most certainly don't feel comfortable anymore.

I'm on my mobile posting this. I might drop by from my mobile from time to time, but I'm extra cautious. I urge everyone to take precaution.

Reactions: Watsatheo and TRG

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah this new board is brutal, keeps shutting down my browser after a while.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Did this forum always auto play 3 videos on each page? I have never had a web page lag like this. Absolutely terrible site.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Not only all of the above issues, but it actually resets the adblocker every day making it slower and slower. I can't browse the board without adblocker, its too slow and inflated, seems counterproductive for you guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Use the browser Opera! I think I've said this like 20 times already.

It works flawlessly, no add block needed, nothing.

Not a good idea. It's going to give your detractors more time to get on your case. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Rapala

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Hmm. No issues here

Did you ever have to install a new browser to use a site before?
I was already using Opera so I didn't have to install anything.

The site got laggy af on chrome, so I just opened it in opera and miracle it works flawlessly...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I was already using Opera so I didn't have to install anything.

The site got laggy af on chrome, so I just opened it in opera and miracle it works flawlessly...

Are you on a Windows PC, or a Mac? I tried Opera on my Android phone and it was more laggy than Chrome, which I've gone back to.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I absolutely agree. There's something not right happening with this forum and it's sketching me the hell out. Using a browser other than chrome helps with the lag and responsiveness but the constant download/upload still happens. There's some pretty serious security and privacy issues and I don't like it one bit.

Reactions: ChikN

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
My uBlock Origin goes nuts if I leave the page open for 3 or more minutes, and depending on the the amount of pages/posts in the thread. There seems to be a bunch of hidden elements that are causing this. Seriously an issue.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Thanks for the "noscript" heads up. Everything runs much smoother now that I can allow things to run or not.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Thanks for the heads up on the no javascript thing. Helps a lot with chrome, because I just don't want to add 23 extensions just to browse one website.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad