Prospect Info: Between the Benches: Calder Cup Playoffs

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
So with the Griffins looking for a new Video Coordinator, I'm guessing the one who did this stuff got a better job somewhere else? Too bad for GR if it turns out to be true.

Here's what they posted on reddit.

Here's whats up, /r/detroitredwings

We started the Between the Benches series as a service to the fans, giving a peek behind the curtain, a second hand perspective on some of the challenges that any team might endure. While it was a lot of fun to make, it would not have existed without the support and acceptance from this community and /r/hockey. For that, we are grateful. All we ask is that you watch it over and over until your eyes bleed so we can point to these projects as important and necessary. All kidding aside, we wanted to show the powers that be that a view is not just a view, and it's more than a number. It can be leave an impression, and we wanted to leave as big of one as we could.

Speaking a little more personally (video guy here), it's unlikely this series will continue through the next season in the current form. We're a small organization, and the core creative team behind it is separating, some to other industries, other cities, other organizations (AHEM keep an eye on /r/coyotes if you're a fan of our videos), etcetera. In many ways it was a perfect situation for a small group of people to have a shared vision of what these videos could be, and how to distribute and interact with users on different platforms. My big push was reddit, and I think it's safe to say that the experiment worked, just ask our big brother /u/officialredwings .

Thank you for being awesome. I don't know what will happen to this user with a different arrangement of staff behind it, but I can promise they'll do their best.

Just remember, if you like what you see, talk about it.

AND GO GRIFFINS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->