Between Fedun and Larsen, who would you rather keep up?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hmm Fedun i'd say
Better defensively imo and he does have 2 goals in 2 GP...

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Tough call, but my heart says Fedun stays. My head says Larssen stays because Fedun is on a 2 way deal.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anyone else notice out gong show meter has dropped considerably in our end since Schultz has been out and these 2 have been in? I realize its Florida and Tampa, but still. Love Schultz and think he will be special down the road, but his mistakes have been killing us this year.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Anyone else notice out gong show meter has dropped considerably in our end since Schultz has been out and these 2 have been in? I realize its Florida and Tampa, but still. Love Schultz and think he will be special down the road, but his mistakes have been killing us this year.

The problem with Justin Schultz is that he shouldn't be leading the team in ice time nor playing against opposing top 6 forwards. Larsen and Fedun haven't been playing enough to get exposed the way J Schultz has. Neither has half of J Schultz's offensive capabilities either.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
If waivers don't enter into it, probably Fedun.

I do like Larsen though. He should easily be the first injury call up and after another split season between here and OKC, he could be ready for the big show full time next season. He's still young for a D at 23.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd like both to stay up for at least a few more games.

Fedun has been decent and who doesn't want a goal-a-game dman in the lineup. :)

Larsen... as good or better than any other Oilers dman in terms if his puck skills + elite speed AND is he isn't that bad defensively... no worse than the rest of the current blueline crew imo.

I say play both... they at least seem to be contributing and helping the forwards with some offensive play from the blueline which is what the team desperately needs.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Larsen has been incredibly good at something we have struggled with .......keeping the puck in the other teams zone. i counted 7 times he held the line last game. thats a huge advantage.

Fedun is a great player so i keep him up

Slatsmsg

Jul 14, 2011
Airdrie
Fedun looks poised out there, have enjoyed watching him. Larsen, great skater. I would lean towards Fedun.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I haven't been nearly as impressed with Larsen as most have going all the way back to training camp.

Fedun, however, has looked good to me every step of the way including his first two NHL games.

When Schultz returns, I'd send Larsen back to OKC and keep the engineer.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Larsen has been incredibly good at something we have struggled with .......keeping the puck in the other teams zone. i counted 7 times he held the line last game. thats a huge advantage.

Fedun is a great player so i keep him up

Ya but between that and Fedun at a gpg pace i choose Fedun

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
As much as I love Fedun, I think I'd choose Larsen.

I think they're fairly equal defensively, but Larsen is more dynamic offensively.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Larsen is the keeper here: fast skater, good puck mover, defensively responsible, decent in his own zone. Only real weakness is being overmatched at times physically.

Fedun is a nice #7 D, but not much else. Glad he's scoring goals, mind you.

If it were Nick Schultz vs Fedun, then we'd have a conversation.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Larsen looked good on the PP and Fedun has been making smart decisions with the puck defensively.

I would keep Fedun once we factor in J.Schultz's return. J.Schultz makes Larsen redundant. Fedun is a smart reliable puck mover.
Smid-Fedun pairing was great vs TB

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
I think Larsen would have to clear waivers so Fedun will probably need to go back down.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
I haven't been nearly as impressed with Larsen as most have going all the way back to training camp.

Fedun, however, has looked good to me every step of the way including his first two NHL games.

When Schultz returns, I'd send Larsen back to OKC and keep the engineer.

I didn't know Fedun had a degree in mechanical engineering.... That's freaking impressive for a college athlete.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think Larsen would have to clear waivers so Fedun will probably need to go back down.

He might not have to.. I think the rules changed in new CBA.. He has cleared waivers once so he might be good to move between AHL and NHL for rest of the season.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He might not have to.. I think the rules changed in new CBA.. He has cleared waivers once so he might be good to move between AHL and NHL for rest of the season.

Pretty sure it's still 10 games/30 calendar days up before he has to clear waivers again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad