Bettman .. Why no triggers NOW ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
When we have two polar opposite proposals from before he suggest triggers to bridge the gap.

Now when really its down to the Hard Cap Number only, where triggers even close to the ones he suggested with a little tweaking would work ..

2 years at 42.5 or 49 mil and then change the ceiling number based on triggers that would reflect % of revenue to players cost even ..With the Hard Cap amount being between the 2 numbers ..

Its that simple ..

Why was it never on the table or an option to save the Season??

rwilson99

The Messenger said:
When we have two polar opposite proposals from before he suggest triggers to bridge the gap.

Now when really its down to the Hard Cap Number only, where triggers even close to the ones he suggested with a little tweaking would work ..

2 years at 42.5 or 49 mil and then change the ceiling number based on triggers that would reflect % of revenue to players cost even ..With the Hard Cap amount being between the 2 numbers ..

Its that simple ..

49 isn't the PA Hard Cap. Discussing this issue with you would be futile. Give your suggestion to your hero Goodenow.

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
I really don't think the triggers were ever meant to be accepted. Bettman knew they would be rejected (because they would be quickly triggered), it was a PR stunt, much like most of the "negotiating" from both sides in this mess.

Sammy*

The Messenger said:

Its that simple ..

I dunno, why didnt your hero put it on the table?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Sammy said:
I dunno, why didnt your hero put it on the table?
Well the triggers were NHL ideas in the first place ..

Bettman's Lockout, Bettman's Press Conference, Bettman's Cancelation

Bettman even offered a FINAL OFFER no negotiating letter ..

and when the NHLPA lowered it Cap number, Bettman could have kept his word .. and said sorry Bob .. The Hard Cap figure is all I got .. but with this triggers we could test the market and prove our point ..

Bottom line : Wasn't a succesful NEW CBA the Goal ??

How could Goodenow turned it down ?? it really would have been about the difference and the triggers would have bridged the Gap ..

Last edited:

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
The Messenger said:
Well the triggers were NHL ideas in the first place ..

Bettman offered a FINAL OFFER no negotiating letter ..

and when the NHLPA lowered it Cap number, Bettman could have kept his word .. and said sorry Bob .. The Hard Cap figure is all I got .. but with this triggers we could test the market and prove our point ..

There was a world of difference between the two proposals. Up to 20M$ in a few years.

Read this slowly...you may understand.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=129935

A Good Flying Bird*

Captain Conservative said:
Has anyone noticed how all the pro-PA posters are going on made up proposals and insults?

I am pro-player, if I must be labeled.
Care to back that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad