Islanders Point Blank: Bettman Believes Isles are on the Right Course

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://islanderspointblank.com/news/bettman-believes-isles-are-on-the-right-course/

Bettman sees it as a loss for Nassau County, but is excited for what lies ahead for the franchise.

“With different leadership and different leadership approaches I think people could have understood that it really would have made sense to the quality of life in Nassau County for a new arena and a complex to be built,†he said. “…there are good reasons, both economically and quality of life, for a community to get involved with these projects, but that didn’t happen. The great news is everybody at the Islanders and I think most fans are excited about the prospects of a new arena in Brooklyn.

“Brooklyn is going through a great resurgence and it’s going to be fun for the Islanders to be a part of that.â€

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I don't live on LI so it doesn't impact me much. But out of respect for the Islanders history and care for friends and family who do live on LI... I hope that the Coliseum redevelopment leads to a facility the Islanders can use for practice and where their farm team can play. This would continue the Islanders presence on LI.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I don't live on LI so it doesn't impact me much. But out of respect for the Islanders history and care for friends and family who do live on LI... I hope that the Coliseum redevelopment leads to a facility the Islanders can use for practice and where their farm team can play. This would continue the Islanders presence on LI.

I'm pretty sure that the Soundtigers will move in if they ever get the project off the ground.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I would expect that the Coliseum to be rebuilt/retooled, etc,, as at least teh same size -- not the smaller venue that has been discussed.

Why would you make it smaller? Doesn't make sense.

Then? the Isles move back!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The messed up part is now that they official cant stay, they A) Reached an agreement to upgrade the facility and hub area and B) The are making an active rail line that goes near the coli...

Such a slap in the face...

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
The messed up part is now that they official cant stay, they A) Reached an agreement to upgrade the facility and hub area and B) The are making an active rail line that goes near the coli...

When Barclays, nice as it is, doesn't work as well as planned.....the Isles have Ratner's other arena ready and improved with mass transportation and remodeling and state of the art with the best sitelines and new features ready to return to.

AND NO WANG! {he's only going to be a stakeholder in the holding company, not the team per se}

So if Barclays isn't a phenominal success and Suffolk fans are shut out, if the dead zone of the horse shoe proves to be a nuisance, if tickets don't sell as expected.......

Barclays could be our Polo Grounds awaiting Shae.

wopJ5Zcx.jpg

NOTICE HOW IT LOOKS LIKE A FRIGGEN HORSE SHOE, TOO???:D {and the triangle real estate?}

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Par for the course with Nassau in general.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Maybe Wang selling made it easier; they didn't have to deal with the SOB one iota?

Too much money at stake, IMO, for personalities to go all Rockefeller vs. Vanderbuilt on this, but considering the way he waffled back and forth between personalities and parties I could see where in the end every bridge gets burned and he finds himself on an Island of 1.

But then there is NYC, and they take anyone with a buck in their pocket, let alone $800 million. So here we are.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i feel much better about our chances for survival in brooklyn now than I did a few months ago. We have to start doing some serious winning right now though.

2nd round or it's a bust of a season IMO.

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
Isles better be on the right course! I just dropped $100 on a futures line that the Islanders would win the Metro Division! Too soon? LOL. Never been this excited about an upcoming hockey season.

startainfection*

Isles better be on the right course! I just dropped $100 on a futures line that the Islanders would win the Metro Division! Too soon? LOL. Never been this excited about an upcoming hockey season.

Well atleast u are gonna win a ton if u are right

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

A huge long shot for sure, but if they stay healthy, I suppose its possible. If any of our top guys go down for any extended period, it's just not going to happen.

BroadwayJay*

When Barclays, nice as it is, doesn't work as well as planned.....the Isles have Ratner's other arena ready and improved with mass transportation and remodeling and state of the art with the best sitelines and new features ready to return to.

AND NO WANG! {he's only going to be a stakeholder in the holding company, not the team per se}

So if Barclays isn't a phenominal success and Suffolk fans are shut out, if the dead zone of the horse shoe proves to be a nuisance, if tickets don't sell as expected.......

Barclays could be our Polo Grounds awaiting Shae.

wopJ5Zcx.jpg

NOTICE HOW IT LOOKS LIKE A FRIGGEN HORSE SHOE, TOO???:D {and the triangle real estate?}

Isn't the remodeled Ratner arena capping out at 13,000 seats?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad