Bettman and Lou on Mike & MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
bcrt2000 said:
i guess theres something to talk about :)

He goes on the FAN a lot. Mike, and Chris especially, defend what he's doing and make the guy look like a hero everytime he's on there. BTW incase anyone doesn't know, the radio show can be seen on YES which I think comes with DirecTV if your out of the NY area.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Battousai said:
If it's anything like their show with Goodenow, then no thanks. I have no interest in hearing some guy screaming nonsense into a microphone for ten minutes straight.

It won't be...they hate Goodenow and kiss Bettman's feet.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
nyrmessier011 said:
He goes on the FAN a lot. Mike, and Chris especially, defend what he's doing and make the guy look like a hero everytime he's on there. BTW incase anyone doesn't know, the radio show can be seen on YES which I think comes with DirecTV if your out of the NY area.
If you have the regional sports pack ($10/month), correct? Do they show the radio program live on YES, or do they just show taped highlights later on in the evening?

Taylor21

Jan 7, 2004
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
If you have the regional sports pack ($10/month), correct? Do they show the radio program live on YES, or do they just show taped highlights later on in the evening?

They show it live. They get calls from across the country from people watching on Yes

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Joe1-Lou2 said:
They show it live. They get calls from across the country from people watching on Yes
So since I've heard some people refer to a 24-hour show that they are doing... do you know how much of that is being carried on YES?

Taylor21

Jan 7, 2004
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
So since I've heard some people refer to a 24-hour show that they are doing... do you know how much of that is being carried on YES?

Today just to 7pm and Friday it will be 1pm to 6pm.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Bettman is not on yet. They just went to commercial, but they didn't say he'd be on next; however they didn't say anything about what's next so who knows.

EDIT: Jim Nance is on now.

SedinFan*

nyr7andcounting said:
No they don't have it yet. Bettman's interview will definetly be on their site at some point though.

Ok thanks. Keep the updates coming when he does get on.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Dr Love said:
Bettman is not on yet. They just went to commercial, but they didn't say he'd be on next; however they didn't say anything about what's next so who knows.

EDIT: Jim Nance is on now.

Someone already reported Bettman was moved to tomorrow. Lou is still scheduled for today.

Sanman19

Jun 28, 2005
New Jersey
Bettman wouldn't say whether the proposed rule changes were permanent but it did sound like the NHL will be different went it comes back. He also added that eliminating the red line is an experiment they must do.

Regarding honoring the contracts, he said he couldn't speak of it because its a CBA issue. But Bettman did say in other sports work stoppages player's contracts have been eliminated. Not sure what that meant.

I'm now listening to the Gretzky convo, and he says he believes the red line will be eliminated, goalie equipment shortened, and shootouts. Earlier he was explaining how back in Febraury the deal wasn't even close to being done. When ESPN announced a deal, Gretzky was still on a plane heading to NYC.

Sanman19

Jun 28, 2005
New Jersey
Gretzky also added how the PA in the beginning would not even talk to the owners, and that if they did something may have been worked out a long time ago.

It was a great interview, I think it should be on the WFAN website soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad