Bettman and his owners are greedy pigs:They already WON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
wazee said:
If you are so naive as to believe that is what happened, I have a ocean-front condo in Colorado I would like to sell you.

Just curious...is there a reason you are reposting this same little blurb over and over?
it is entirely plausible.

the reason i have reposted it a couple times is because its an interesting angle that could be at play.

you have proof it isnt ?

dr

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
DR said:

the reason i have reposted it a couple times is because its an interesting angle that could be at play.

you have proof it isnt ?

dr
No one has any proof of anything happening in negotiations at this moment. However, experience tells me that the owner's offer isn't the final one AND that Goodenow's exit was nothing but posturing. Now...are you interested in that condo? Ocean view from your livingroom. Mountain view from your back yard patio....

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
DR said:

you have proof it isnt ?

dr
If its entirely plausible, what might have happened during the 13 hours of negotiations? Can you think of an equally plausible scenario that would have kept the meetings on-going for that long?

If that actually happend, then the meetings would have lasted until they finished their coffee.

The more plausible scenario would probably be that the NHL is adding more concessions that the PA has to agree to, just so they can get rid of them when the PA agrees to the linkage. Seems more plausible than 13 hours of saying "take it or leave it".

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
RangerBoy said:
Bettman's way is the only way to achieve cost certainty?That was my main
point.Bettman is holding the game,the fans,the players and the majority of his OWN owners hostage.He will not cancel the season and put everyone out of their misery.Yet he refuses to even consider another system.Except for a handful of owners,the majority of the owners are not in the loop.His Levitt report turned out to be a crock.Arthur Levitt was a lousy SEC commissioner.You NEVER hear the Levitt report mentioned anymore.Wonder why?Have you been paying attention? :shakehead Bettman is the commissioner.The supposed keeper of the game :D

Why should he put fans out of their misery? How do you know he refuses to consider another system? The PA hasn't offered any different systems. The Levitt report didn't turn out to be a crock... the PA has NEVER discussed anything with Levitt, so the best that may be said, and probably what has caused this problem, is the definition of revenues. Obviously you will come up with different figures if you include different ideas of what constitutes revenues.

Been paying attention? Get a grip! Why did the PA offer a 24% roll back, when their previous 5% was thought by some players to be more than sufficient? Because it's clear that they KNOW the league is losing money.... but they also don't want any significant CHANGES to a CBA that allows them a significantly stronger position in the league.

YOU make it seem like negotiating with Goodenow would be some fancy pants little lark in the park. lol. Everyone knows at this point what Goodenow's MO is, and so exactly how do you negotiate before a deadline, when Goodenow simply will not do so?

Man, you are something else indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->