Better than bacon?

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Is ANYTHING superior at what it does to the taste of that sweet sweet pig belly?

air-fryer-bacon-11-scaled.jpg

Somehow it manages to be perfect simultaneously on its own AND with anything else.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Don’t get me wrong, a beautiful medium-rare prime rib is an absolutely glorious thing … but it’s not quite better at what it does than bacon.

Not to mention that any steak dinner worth its salt features a baked potato as a side. A loaded baked potato. With bacon.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Without going in the world of overpriced stuff (loke wagyu), prosciutto is orders of magnitude better than bacon, and can virtually be used interchangeably.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Without going in the world of overpriced stuff (loke wagyu), prosciutto is orders of magnitude better than bacon, and can virtually be used interchangeably.

I disagree with that.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Bacon can be used literally? What, as a bookmark?

But not very effectively, when you go to resume reading where you left off you will find that now both sides of each page can be seen at the same time with half the text backwards, or worse, you find your bookmark is gone and several chewmarks have rendered the top of almost every page covered either missing, or covered in dog slobber.

Pig lives are precious, they need to be honoured and the best way to honour them is to not waste that pearl of pork, bacon!

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Don’t you ever f***ing disagree with @Zaide again.

kiss me

In which case, yeah you can practically use them interchangeably, except for some stuff where you want some chew - in which case pancetta is superior to your traditional bacon.

I have no objection to saying that pancetta and bacon can be used somewhat interchangeably.

Prosciutto, on the other hand, has different flavor, texture and rendering profiles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad