Better season - Barkov or Pettersson?

Who’ll have the better season?

• Total voters

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
If you include playoffs EP had 18 points in 17 games as well. So essentially an 84 point season.

come on, you’re better then that. ;)

to add playoff totals to ref season totals, don’t get me wrong his performance in the playoffs absolutely rise his stock but I mean you can’t just add that to a reg season point total if the panthers didn’t play any games or maybe they did I kind of tuned out during COVID just checked stats and highlights either way if they did it wasn’t many.

But I’d not think the other guy saying career high 66 is right either, injured amongst other things come into play

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Pettersson can't play with 2 non possession wingers (Virtanen Boeser). It works with Miller and Boeser as a sniper but with Boeser and Virtanen he just can't get any possession play going.
Maybe Pettersson should lean to drive play and elevate lesser linemates instead of piggy-backing off JT Miller...

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Barkov is going 1.2ppg. Pettersson is going 0.7ppg.

Still early, but Barkov has been way more impressive.

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Barkov is having a great start to the season and will likely have the better year, but Petersen will pick it up eventually,

Reactions: MrOT

lawrence

May 19, 2012
The Panthers are one of the best teams right now and the Canucks are one of the worst with the 4th worst win percentage. Petey's been a huge disappointment this year, and if he continues this, that big pay day he was expecting will not come. I doubt he even gets Nylander money right now. 40% of his points came off the power play, with another fraction of it, coming against the Senators. 10 5v5 points in 21 games is not good enough.

Reactions: Aqualung and bh53

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Pettersson is a better player on a better team, so I'm guessing it's him.

Barkov's campaign ends with the regular season, while Pettersson can go for a playoff run and contribute there.

And Pettersson has more skill.
Your guess starts with flawed assumptions, want to guess again?

I have a bit of sympathy for Canuck fans. You know your guy is great, you see small samples of huge production, but no one will tell you he is a superstar because he hasn't put the games in yet to prove he can produce at an elite level for a full season. It's a lot like Matthews minus the historic goal production.

You know have a top young C. In couple years you will have all the bragging rights you want, until then bide your time. It will come soon enough.

Reactions: Bgav

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I think Pettersson is a good player but people saying he was better than Barkov were only kidding themselves. He's not as overrated as Marner anymore though.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Florida has no depth, so Barkov will probably play 22-23 minutes a game and score a bunch, but Pettersson will be more impactful when he's on the ice.
This is an interesting thought. I suppose some people prefer what Pettersson did over what selke winner Barkov did this season

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Barkov easy.

I always thought it but after watching a lot of Vancouver games this year I can confirm Peterson is very overrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad