Better rookie season - dahlin vs hesikanen

Better rookie season - dahlin vs hesikanen

• Total voters

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
The Finn's were sure that Heiskanen is the better current player this season.

Well according to pretty much any other statistic than secondary assists or PP (even that's debatable), Heiskanen has been just as good or better. Especially 5v5 and PK.

And btw, it's funny how I seem to remember how Heiskanen was very underrated here and the consensus here was that he isn't close to Dahlin! Maybe it was just my biased Finnish selective hearing though.

Yeah, I agree. I think Heiskanen for McDonagh is a very fair deal. I'd ask for more, Stars fans would want to give up less. Its probably fair value though.

You also thought that Heiskanen for McDonagh with 2 years term is fair deal... You still agree?

And Stars got ripped for not including Heiskanen in the deal for Karlsson, Heiskanen didnt have that kind of value according to other fans.

In hindsight, delusional biased finns seem to be closer to truth.

Reactions: Crocoduck and Ryuk

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Well according to pretty much any other statistic than secondary assists or PP (even that's debatable), Heiskanen has been just as good or better. Especially 5v5 and PK.

And btw, it's funny how I seem to remember how Heiskanen was very underrated here and the consensus here was that he isn't close to Dahlin! Maybe it was just my biased Finnish selective hearing though.

You also thought that Heiskanen for McDonagh with 2 years term is fair deal... You still agree?

And Stars got ripped for not including Heiskanen in the deal for Karlsson, Heiskanen didnt have that kind of value according to other fans.

In hindsight, delusional biased finns seem to be closer to truth.
Last time I checked Dahlin had better possession numbers, both raw and relative to team, but by all means if you have the time please present all statistics in which Heiskanen has been just as good or better.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Last time I checked Dahlin had better possession numbers, both raw and relative to team, but by all means if you have the time please present all statistics in which Heiskanen has been just as good or better.

As a fan of Carolina Hurricanes, I know very well how misleading especially raw corsi numbers are, there is close to no difference in their Corsi% Rel numbers though (3.41vs3.59), so there's that.

And here is some of the other statistics:

5v5 statsP/60P1/60GF%xGF%P+/-DZS%OZS%
Heiskanen0.850.5751.3851.21-132.3534.41
Dahlin0.860.4149.5350.24-728.136.72
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
There's of course more if you stop being lazy!

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
As a fan of Carolina Hurricanes, I know very well how misleading especially raw corsi numbers are, there is close to no difference in their Corsi% Rel numbers though (3.41vs3.59), so there's that.

And here is some of the other statistics:

5v5 statsP/60P1/60GF%xGF%P+/-DZS%OZS%
Heiskanen0.850.5751.3851.21-132.3534.41
Dahlin0.860.4149.5350.24-728.136.72
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
There's of course more if you stop being lazy!
Thanks! I was sure Dahlin had much better Corsi rel numbers than that but maybe the latest stint has taken a toll on them.

I’d argue that these guys are very close and that Heiskanen is underrated offensively by Dahlin fans and that Dahlin is underrated defensively by Heiskanen fans.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
i have a really difficult time evaluating young defenseman. all i'll say is that they both look amazing for their age. they will be completely different players 4-5 years from now but the fact that they've made impacts like they have is impressive.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Dhalin offensive game is slightly ahead, but Miros defensive game is way ahead at this point. Dhalins still got things to learn and of course both young guys have many things to learn, as they are young but if you honestly ask me, I think Miro's defensive game is much ahead, Dhalin does have incredible up ice mobile transition.

Dhalin is a top pairing on a bad team.
Miro is a top pairing on a playoff team = this alone holds a lot of value. they are close, if you ask me.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Dahlin plays on an absolute trainwreck of a team.

They gave up several weeks ago, now they're just going through the motions.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Buffalo has a better offense than Dallas though and did for the entire season basically. He has only been able to produce with Buffalo's big 3 Reinhart-Eichel-Skinner. Just 9 of his 41 points have come away from them

How many points have the Sabres scored without one of Reinhart-Eichel-Skinner on the ice? It seems like the only time they score at all is if it's with one of them or Dahlin on ice.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This will be a fun bump in a couple of years.

Dahlin and it won't be close.

And Heiskanen is a really good hockey player. The difference is that Dahlin is a record breaking defenseman. Why try to compare some of the better up and coming players around the league to a player whose a generational defensemen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->