Better partial season: 10/11 Crosby or 99/00 Jagr

Better partial season?

• Total voters

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
In 2011, Crosby scored 66 points in 41 games. As of January 5th, the next closest players had 56, 51, 50 and 50 points (Stamkos, St. Louis, and the Sedins).

In 2000, Jagr scored 73 points in his first 41 games. The next closest players had 56, 53, 52 and 49 points (Recchi, Turgeon, Nolan, and Bure).

Through 41 games, Jagr had more goals and more assists. Jagr had more points at ES, and on the powerplay. Jagr was farther ahead of his peers around the league. Jagr led his team in scoring by a wider margin. Crosby was +1 higher, which is remarkable given the quality of their respective teams (through 41 games, Crosby's Penguins were the #1 team in the east, while Jagr's Penguins were tied for 14th in the league - and there were only 28 teams then.

The only argument for Crosby, as far as I can tell, is that Crosby missing the entire rest of the season was somehow more impressive (or more beneficial to his team?) than Jagr coming back and playing well (just not as well as he did before he was injured).

In the past I may have said Crosby but there is really no debating this.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
In 2011, Crosby scored 66 points in 41 games. As of January 5th, the next closest players had 56, 51, 50 and 50 points (Stamkos, St. Louis, and the Sedins).

In 2000, Jagr scored 73 points in his first 41 games. The next closest players had 56, 53, 52 and 49 points (Recchi, Turgeon, Nolan, and Bure).

Through 41 games, Jagr had more goals and more assists. Jagr had more points at ES, and on the powerplay. Jagr was farther ahead of his peers around the league. Jagr led his team in scoring by a wider margin. Crosby was +1 higher, which is remarkable given the quality of their respective teams (through 41 games, Crosby's Penguins were the #1 team in the east, while Jagr's Penguins were tied for 14th in the league - and there were only 28 teams then.

The only argument for Crosby, as far as I can tell, is that Crosby missing the entire rest of the season was somehow more impressive (or more beneficial to his team?) than Jagr coming back and playing well (just not as well as he did before he was injured).
good post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->