Better Midfield Trio?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I’ve been seeing this debate of who is the greater/better/best midfield trio pop up a decent amount on social media after Real Madrid won champions league again. there will be some probably spicy takes on both sides but I was curious to what the board thinks is the better trio between:

Kroos-Casemiro-Modric vs Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta

I wouldn’t consider myself insanely knowledgeable for soccer, but in my opinion you can make the case that two of the Barca midfielders at their peak are the best of the bunch but KCMs longevity make them better the better trio.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Xavi was quite better than Kroos and I believe that in their peaks Busquets was better than Casemiro as well.

Modric and Iniesta both superstars

Reactions: Peen

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
It's hard to say. Barca trio were all Spanish and have the Spanish NT team on their resume as well.
(KCM have it to a degree as well, Modric WC final, Kroos WC, Case Copa... but you can't really compare)

KCM has 5 CLs though. It's a stupid, stupid number that people can't seem to understand just HOW stupid.

And of course, I'm biased cause of Modric.

So, for me, KCM.
But I don't hold it against anyone who says Barca trio.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Xavi/Busquets/Iniesta was better than the Madrid trio, and it's not even especially close. I'm not exactly a fan of Spain or Barca, but they were most likely also better than any other trio you name here. Spain/Barca dominance was at another level in their prime years and unrivaled in the last 30-40 years.

Reactions: luiginb

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Barca trio is the winner for me. 5 UCLs is an impressive feat for sure but I'd take the dominance of the Barca 3, they did for club and country and played a major role in a football revolution of sorts (in terms of playstyle)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If we're talking about prime, it's Barca and I don't think it is even close. Xavi is one of the best midfielders to ever player and Iniesta was a generational player for his age group. Only one that I am iffy on is Busquets because even though he was a WC CDM, he was also a crazy diver.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
It's an apples to oranges comparison as one side played together for both club and country. Individually, its Modric clearly at the top, then Xavi/Kroos/Iniesta, then Casemiro/Busquets

• Haha
Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad