Better goal scorer- lemieux vs bossy

Better goal scorer- lemieux vs bossy

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Bossy retired early but Was fairly durable the time he was there. He also has a better goals per game.

Lemieux has the what if’s. Lemieux has the higher peak in goal scoring.

poll away

Last edited:

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Bossy has the durability? He was retired for good at 31.

fair enough but he played pretty much 10-11 years straight without missing to many games. Lemieux was kinda all over the place. Wrong word that I used foresure I’ll change it

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Call me crazy but Bossy. Lemieux was a much better player, so that gave him more opportunity to score. But given a same opportunity : who is more likely to score? Bossy for sure.

But it really depends on how you view the question. Lemieux can score more goals, but Bossy knows better how to capitalize on opportunities. He sometimes scored goals before you even notice he has the puck.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Call me crazy but Bossy. Lemieux was a much better player, so that gave him more opportunity to score. But given a same opportunity : who is more likely to score? Bossy for sure.

But it really depends on how you view the question. Lemieux can score more goals, but Bossy knows better how to capitalize on opportunities. He sometimes scored goals before you even notice he has the puck.
Hockey is about creating AND finishing chances. The best goal scorers do both.

Reactions: authentic

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

This is kind of like arguing Brayden Point was a better goal scorer than Ovechkin last year because he "better capitalized on his opportunities" (ie. higher shooting percentage), while Ovechkin simply generated more chances to score (ie. higher volume).

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This is like asking who was the better playmaker, Oates or Janney. Pretty obviously Lemieux not even taking into account how many more goals he could've scored if he didn't also get so many assists on top of it.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think Lemieux was the best goalscorer of all time on a per game basis. Bossy is a top 10 guy, but not a top 5 guy. His peak is lacking compared to others, though his playoffs are really good.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
This is like asking who was the better playmaker, Oates or Janney. Pretty obviously Lemieux not even taking into account how many more goals he could've scored if he didn't also get so many assists on top of it.

I'm not sure if he really would have. I think this might have some merit for some guys who leaned heavily on passing like Forsberg, but I think for someone like Lemieux it was all about taking what the defense gives you. The fact that he needed to be feared as a passer opened up room for him as a scorer and vice versa. If he focused on just scoring as many goals as possible, defenses would adjust and he probably ends up with similar goal totals and just fewer assists.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The fact that Bossy has any votes here demonstrates he's the most overrated goal scorer in NHL history.

I've been saying it for years now. There are a lot of people who actually stay adamant that Bossy was better goal-scorer than Wayne Gretzky. Which is sort of like saying Steven Stamkos is better goal-scorer than Alex Ovechkin.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->