Better GM? Dubas or Benning

Who is the better GM?

• Jim Benning

• Kyle Dubas

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey
Who would you rather have? Benning's team has made it further in the playoffs, going to Game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals last season. However the leafs have enjoyed great regular season results these last few years.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Kyle Dubas has a plan and a vision. Benning has nothing.
search

Reactions: rypper and Szechwan

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Dubas and it’s not even close.

Dubas has done a great job with the Leafs, at a certain point the blame falls on the players themselves.

Benning has done a terrible job with the Canucks and is generally incompetent at all aspects of being a GM.

As a Canucks fan I would trade Benning for Dubas in a heartbeat and I’d actually throw in a first round pick on top of it, that’s how big of a difference there is between these two GM’s.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
This shouldn't even be a question. Dubas isn't the best by any stretch of the imagination, but Benning isn't close to being good by any stretch of the imagination.

Reactions: sandwichbird2023

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Outside of overpaying Marner and not getting enough term for Matthews, Dubas has been fine. Well, maybe he should've gotten a better D for Kadri than Barrie, but it is what it is. Kerfoot has been decent for them.

This Leafs loss can be pinned upon 3 individuals: Matthews, Marner and Keefe. Matthews and Marner failed to perform, Keefe failed to make adjustments.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Dubas did everything for that core this year. This loss isn’t entirely on him.
He’s not a bad GM.
I thought he got a bunch of old and slow players and they were too dependent on the "Me 4". Thornton and Simmonds did nothing in the playoffs. Bogo was meh. Really missed the Kapanen speed. Foligno was a nice add but didn't work out with the injury.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
$6 million Eriksson - taxi squad
$6 million Myers - #5d
$4.375 mill Sutter - #12/13 fwd
$4.3 million Holtby - awful backup
$3.5 million Ferland - ltir
$3 mill Roussell - #14 fwd
$3 million Beagle - #12 fwd
$2.5 mill Virtanen - lol
$2.5 mill Baertchi - ahl
$1 million Spooner - bought out

This is AINEC

And I havent talked about Juolevi over Tkachuk, Gudbranson trade and signing, Sutter for Bonino trade, Pearson signing PRIOR to Seattle draft lol, tampering, Vey, Gagner, Etc

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Vancouver fan that would love to have Dubas at the helm over simple Jim.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Dubas built the best team in the North division; Benning didn't make an offer to Toffoli who than signed a cheap ass contract with good terms with us. Toffoli than went on to buttf*** Vancouver for this error

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
$6 million Myers - #5d
$2.5 mill Virtanen - lol
$2.5 mill Baertchi - ahl

This is AINEC

And I havent talked about Juolevi over Tkachuk, Gudbranson trade and signing, Sutter for Bonino trade, Pearson signing PRIOR to Seattle draft lol, tampering, Vey, Gagner, Etc
Geez, at first I thought it might be close but that list is pretty awful.

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Dubas and it’s not even close.

Dubas has done a great job with the Leafs, at a certain point the blame falls on the players themselves.

Benning has done a terrible job with the Canucks and is generally incompetent at all aspects of being a GM.

As a Canucks fan I would trade Benning for Dubas in a heartbeat and I’d actually throw in a first round pick on top of it, that’s how big of a difference there is between these two GM’s.
I'm sorry but I disagree.

Dubas took over a playoff team with a bright, young core and they haven't advanced any further under him than they did under Lou. At best Dubas has been mediocre.

You can't just blame the players while completely excusing the GM. Dubas made possibly the worst trade of the season by acquiring Foligno.

What happened against Montreal was definitely not solely Dubas's fault, but he deserves blame, just as the players and coaching staff do as well.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
$6 million Myers - #5d
$2.5 mill Virtanen - lol
$2.5 mill Baertchi - ahl

This is AINEC

LMAO I know.

Let us know when Dubas acquires a laundry list of terrible contracts half as long as Benning's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad