Better career: Reus vs. de Bruyne

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Reus no contest. De Bruyne had only one very good season. Reus has been arguably the best German player the past 3 years.

Reactions: Peen

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Reus no contest. De Bruyne had only one very good season. Reus has been arguably the best German player the past 3 years.

Over the past year, there's zero argument for Reus as the best German player.

Anyway, I'd say Reus right now, but de Bruyne is two years younger and could eclipse him eventually.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think maybe people are misreading what he's asking. De Bruyne is 2 years younger and hasn't had his career marred by injury (he's also already won more trophies and personal honours than Reus).

Still very up for grabs who will have the better career, but KdB has a good chance to end with more trophies and wasn't he voted the best player in the BuLi last season? Despite not being quite as dominant he's still having a better season than Reus with City so...

Anyway KdB plays for a team that will be constantly winning trophies and likely would only leave if Barcelona or RM came calling. Reus has had quite some injuries derailing part of his prime years.

I dunno. I definitely don't think it's a 'no contest'. If you look at their relative positions and recent performances I'd say KdB has a good chance at having the better career.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
This is a better comparison tbh :

CY8fVDEUwAEFDnY.jpg

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
de bruyne. been a big fan of his game for a couple years. hes younger and injured a lot less. love how he always seems to get the ball into dangerous positions in the box like it should be so easy for every pro soccer player.

Jan 3, 2012
Hard to say. Reus has had a more conventional development (be a prospect, improve, get better and then be elite(this is super simplified)) whereas De Bruyne always had the talent but before last year it was clear whether he would live up to his potential. Now it appears he has and will, but his career and Reus' from here on out are a coin flip.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Reus is underrated because of his injuries and because he never played for a top 10 club but de Bruyne is better.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Was digging through old threads and stumbled upon this one. Very little in here has aged well!
At least you qualified yours as a bitter Chelsea fan.

Still a sort of what could've been with Reus as he got hit with injuries, he was one of my favorites for awhile.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Certain would’ve been interesting the heights Reus could’ve hit without injuries. He was basically a 15-15 guy in the early 10’s if I remember correctly, would’ve been cool to see him play at one of the big clubs in the world at one point too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad