Better career: Quinn Hughes vs A. Svechnikov

Hughes vs Svechnikov

• Total voters

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018
Which of these two young players do you expect to have the better career?

The sample size is pretty slim on Hughes at the NHL level, but he was impressive. I'm torn.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I selected Hughes but people already dismissing Svech here need to have their heads checked, the guy is electric

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Too early but....while I love Hughes game I think Svech had a deceptively good rookie season. 20 goals for someone still trying to find their way is good.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Svech had a pretty good pre-NHL resume and followed it up with 20 goals in his rookie season.

Hughes will be great but you have to go Svech until proven otherwise.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I dont think its too far off... I would have to think long and hard about Q Hughes vs anyone but Dahlin from the 2018 draft

I think the gap between the 2nd and the 10th best player in the draft will be quite small

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Svechnikov really hasn't done that much to separate himself from Hughes yet. A 37 point rookie season is fine, but it's nothing to write home about. We don't actually know what Hughes would have done had he played the full season, but that doesn't mean this is automatically Svechnikov either.

I still think it's Svechnikov, but it's not outrageous to think Hughes will have a better career.

Reactions: Josepho

lawrence

May 19, 2012
as good as he is, the Canucks badly badly needed a coasting offensive dman for years now. I cannot imagine us wanting to trade Hughes for Svech. The impact Hughes is going to bring to our team for years to come is impeccable. He is the reason why guys like Pettersson, Horvat and Boeser will get more ice time. good pole though.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Svech. 20 goal rookie season playing 3rd and 4th line for the majority of the year. He will be a 30 plus goal scorer consistently and will only get stronger.

Reactions: Newsworthy

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
They will both be stars and its kind of hard to put one above the other as they both play completely different positions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->