Better career: Neymar vs. Vinicius Jr.

Who will have the better career when both are done?

• Total voters

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If Vinícius Júnior stays with Real Madrid instead of going to Uber Eats before 35 he should have a good chance.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I’m not saying Vini will have the better career. I am saying if Neymar retired today he would be known for winning trophies with Messi and then going to PSG as the world’s most expensive transfer and failing to win the Champions League as the main man.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I’m not saying Vini will have the better career. I am saying if Neymar retired today he would be known for winning trophies with Messi and then going to PSG as the world’s most expensive transfer and failing to win the Champions League as the main man.
Or known as the reason Messi got trophies with Barca...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I'm saying it in jest, but it is also a fact. Barca stopped being a CL threat when Ney moved away. He was key in their CL win the year before.
And no, Neymar moving to PSG doesn't change anything. A CL final and semi final is nothing to sneeze at (especially with injuries), while putting up insane numbers.
Vini isn't in the ballpark tbh. Not even close.

Case closed.

Reactions: Burner Account

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
If we look at where Vini is at 21 vs where Neymar was at 21 I think Vini is going to have 2x Neymar's career.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I heard this question asked on a football podcast I listen to. Initially I thought clearly Neymar, but I think if you take time to think about it then it’s not so easy to answer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And was still so good that he was a ballon d'or finalist while Vini probably won't ever be.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Vinicius does not have the necessary football IQ to be better than Neymar. Love the player and i defended him while people were trashing him and calling him a headless chicken but let's not kid ourselves.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I heard this question asked on a football podcast I listen to. Initially I thought clearly Neymar, but I think if you take time to think about it then it’s not so easy to answer.
Which Pod? I'd be interested in listening.

It's hard to not give this to Neymar, one of the best players of the generation, won major trophies, essentially unplayable at his peak. At 21, Vini has plenty of time to put together an illustrious career, he is showing flashes of something really special, but can he elevate his game to another level? I guess will we see over the coming years. .

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Neymar is and probably might be the better player when it's all said and done, but Vini has been bordeline unplayable this year, and definitely better than Neymar. If he can keep it up, and start working a bit more defensively as well, he might end up with more trophies by the end of his career. And it's still more impressive to win the league in Spain than it is in France.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Which Pod? I'd be interested in listening.

It's hard to not give this to Neymar, one of the best players of the generation, won major trophies, essentially unplayable at his peak. At 21, Vini has plenty of time to put together an illustrious career, he is showing flashes of something really special, but can he elevate his game to another level? I guess will we see over the coming years. .
ESPN FC. I don’t even know if it’s good or I’d recommend it. I’ve been watching the show and now listening to the podcast for like 12-13 years, so it’s very engrained to me and I probably wouldn’t be a good judge if I’d recommend it.

Reactions: robertmac43

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah if anyone didn’t watch Neymar in Brazil, it’s too bad. That is at worst the sixth best league and he dominated it as a teenager to the extent it is nearly unimaginable. They also play way more games than Europe and he was still dominant. The average Brazilian league player isn’t some kind of bum either.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad