Bet: +/- 7 Days to make a trade...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
A deal will be made no more than a day or two after they're allowed.

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
Didn't Pierre Maguire report in early Dec. that the Luongo deal is done and that they were just waiting for the lockout to end? Bozak and Kadri I believe?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The main question is, when can trades start? I'll suggest that a trade of some sort is done within 48 hours of it being allowed.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Didn't Pierre Maguire report in early Dec. that the Luongo deal is done and that they were just waiting for the lockout to end? Bozak and Kadri I believe?

I don't see how it could be done as Luongo has a NTC so must approve any potential deal but teams weren't allowed to talk to players during the lockout so it would be impossible to get his approval.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't see how it could be done as Luongo has a NTC so must approve any potential deal but teams weren't allowed to talk to players during the lockout so it would be impossible to get his approval.
I'm sure Burke and Gillis were able speak about Luongo prior to the lockout during the summer. So that's why others say they have a good idea on what players/prospects/picks would be included and why a deal could be close.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I can't see Kadri, one of our only forward prospects to have good top-6, offensive potential, being sent away in a deal. I could see Colborne, or one of our D-men, but I just can't fathom giving up Kadri after all this time developing, and not being given a chance to make his mark full time on the big club.

Ripped

Oct 5, 2009
Would it be possible to trade for Luongo, use one of our compliance buyouts on him and then resign him to a better deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad