Best Young Prospects

wheatiefan

Feb 7, 2014
Best prospects

I would think that the WheatKings rank somewhere near the top with Patrick,Klague,and Kasprick ready to join next year.:handclap:

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Everett has one of the best pipelines in the WHL if they can get Patrick Khodorenko, Tyson Jost, and Auston Mathews to commit. They also have Carter Hart who is surprisingly impressing in the AMBHL. Alex Astasiewicz looks like a solid two way defenseman.

They have some very good 16 year olds on the roster as well. I think Brandon does have the biggest home run talent in the league though.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Vancouver: Tyler Benson, Matt Barberis, Ryely Mcinstry, Ryan Kubic

Seattle: Dante Fabbro, Kaden Elder, Shavan Khaira, Nolan Volcan

Medicine Hat: David Quenneville, Mason Shaw, Jordan Taupert

Victoria: Dante Hannoun, Matthew Phillips, Brayden Dunn, Ty Westgard

Brandon's draft was just absurd. They managed to snag Nolan Patrick, Kale Clague, Tanner Kaspick, Ty Lewis, Dylan Thiessen, Ryan Lindgren(probably won't sign),and Joey Anderson(probably won't sign) all in one draft year. I think all of those guys are first round bantam talents.

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Vancouver: Tyler Benson, Matt Barberis, Ryely Mcinstry, Ryan Kubic

Seattle: Dante Fabbro, Kaden Elder, Shavan Khaira, Nolan Volcan

Medicine Hat: David Quenneville, Mason Shaw, Jordan Taupert

Victoria: Dante Hannoun, Matthew Phillips, Brayden Dunn, Ty Westgard

Brandon's draft was just absurd. They managed to snag Nolan Patrick, Kale Clague, Tanner Kaspick, Ty Lewis, Dylan Thiessen, Ryan Lindgren(probably won't sign),and Joey Anderson(probably won't sign) all in one draft year. I think all of those guys are first round bantam talents.

Haven't seen alot of stats for Ty Lewis and DylanThiessen have they had good seasons and are they ready to make the jump to the WHL?

What are the odds of Ryan Lindgren and or Joey Anderson changing there minds and join the Wheat Kings 10%, 20% or lower

Hipfan

Nov 27, 2009
What about Calgary in this equation? They may be a 100 point team this year and:

- should have another year or two from Jake Virtanen
- possibly have one or two years from Greg Chase
- have some good players coming up like Malenstyn, Hyman, Martin, Morrison, Dumba
- have 9 players on their current roster born in 1996/1997

The Hitmen could have 4 players drafted this year, and all should be still in Calgary for the next 2 years as well. That kind of roster definitely bodes well for a few runs at the Eastern Conference title, no?

dumpitandchaseit

Apr 3, 2012
Haven't seen alot of stats for Ty Lewis and DylanThiessen have they had good seasons and are they ready to make the jump to the WHL?

What are the odds of Ryan Lindgren and or Joey Anderson changing there minds and join the Wheat Kings 10%, 20% or lower

Lewis finished 8th in League scoring and Theissen 28th. Both played less games than the league total ( 44 ) so both did pretty well

PLAYER # P TEAM GP G A PTS P/G PPG PPA SHG SHA GW PIM

8 Ty Lewis 16 F Brandon Wheat Kings 35 28 29 57 1.6 9 6 0 0 3 38

28 Dylan Thiessen 6 F Winnipeg Wild 41 17 24 41 1.0 4 8 0 0 1 12

I would think the chances of the Wheat Kings getting either Lindgren or Anderson this year is less than 10 % . The best chance of getting them will likely be the year following their NHL draft year

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Lewis finished 8th in League scoring and Theissen 28th. Both played less games than the league total ( 44 ) so both did pretty well

PLAYER # P TEAM GP G A PTS P/G PPG PPA SHG SHA GW PIM

8 Ty Lewis 16 F Brandon Wheat Kings 35 28 29 57 1.6 9 6 0 0 3 38

28 Dylan Thiessen 6 F Winnipeg Wild 41 17 24 41 1.0 4 8 0 0 1 12

I would think the chances of the Wheat Kings getting either Lindgren or Anderson this year is less than 10 % . The best chance of getting them will likely be the year following their NHL draft year

i I thought there my be a chance in there 17 year old season to try to play in the WHL to improve there draft stock like Seth Jones did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad