Best wrist shots?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ovechkin and Pacioretty are pretty good among current players.

All-time wise, Sakic, Clark, Messier, Gartner, Sittler, Heatley, Kovalchuk and Kovalev (probably forgetting a couple great wrist shots there)

Last edited:

Los Patos de Anaheim

Nov 19, 2016
Idaho, USA
Ovechkin and Pacioretty are pretty good among current players.

All-time wise, Sakic, Clark, Gartner, Sittler, Heatley, Kovalchuk and Kovalev (probably forgetting a couple great wirst shots there)

Teemu Selanne. It wasn't extraordinarily hard, but he could get that thing off extremely quickly and accurately.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Teemu Selanne. It wasn't extraordinarily hard, but he could get that thing off extremely quickly and accurately.

Indeed, the Finnish flash was great :handclap:

I'm also pretty sure people from the 1910-1970 would deserve mention, but the difference in equipment/training and the lack of reliable easily accessible documentation/measurements makes it harder.

I mean, legendary guys like Maurice Richard had to have other jobs to complete the NHL (at least before stardom AFAIK) to make ends meet, so actual training was minimal if there at all.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Tarasenko. His release is insane, he gets a ton of power on his wrister, and it's deadly accurate.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Hoffman's is filthy, but I have to go with Tarasenko as best in the league.

Think I'd still go Hoffman (though I love Tarasenko).

Looking at a heat map of Hoffman's shot locations and his average shot distance, it's a wonder he scores any goals at all. Only way is pure lasers from above the circles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad