Best Wrestling Province/State

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
I was thinking that it may be fun/interesting to make a top 3-5 wrestlers from each state/province and see which one reigns supreme!

This will certianly not be the best one, but I will start with my home province of Ontario!

Edge
Christian
Abdullah the Butcher
Lance Storm
Petey Williams

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Cena
Eddie Edwards
Oney Lorcan
Dijak
Ciampa

Not listed
Sandow
Eve
Taylor Hendrix
Prince Albert
Sasha Banks
Carmella
Mike Kanellis

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOtherSide

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Without looking deeply into it at the moment, I have to think that Texas is the best, followed possibly by Minnesota. Alberta is very strong at the top at least.

Texas:

Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, Eddy Guerrero, Undertaker, Stan Hansen, Tully Blanchard, Jake Roberts, Booker T. Quite a top ten.

Minnesota:

Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect and his high school classmate Rick Rude, Backlund, Road Warriors.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
Without looking deeply into it at the moment, I have to think that Texas is the best, followed possibly by Minnesota. Alberta is very strong at the top at least.

Texas:

Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, Eddy Guerrero, Undertaker, Stan Hansen, Tully Blanchard, Jake Roberts, Booker T. Quite a top ten.

Minnesota:

Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect and his high school classmate Rick Rude, Backlund, Road Warriors.

Texas was the first one to come to mind. I didn't even think of all of the names you listed. Good call on Minnesota too.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Texas:

Minnesota:

Minnesota was pretty stacked, Verne Gagne had a great crop of guys to pull from for the AWA

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im actually trying to think hard.....
no idea.

does Hawaii count? lol
all this amazing Samoans.

Im sure Mexico City and Tokyo have a good list.

North Carolina has AJ and Ric Flair

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Minnesota was pretty stacked, Verne Gagne had a great crop of guys to pull from for the AWA

Even just his hometown was loaded. It's a generic small town (Robbinsdale) with maybe 10000 people, but it produced Verne Gagne and Gene Okerlund, plus at one point Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Tom Zenk, Berzerker, Nikita Koloff, and Repo Man were all in the town high school at the same time. Ventura was from nearby too.

North Carolina has AJ and Ric Flair

That one is kayfabe. Unless... perhaps we're at the point where Ric and Charlotte are both famous enough it needs to be specified which one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
memphis then! :confused: (i really didnt know that to be honest huhuh)
but i guess there are names there for real. unless is where they're "billed" too.

makes the question harder to answer lol.
i guess theres a data base somewhere.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
New York?

Chris Jericho (always thought he was Canadian, but he was actually born in Manhasset), Bubba Ray/D-Von, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Tommy Dreamer, Bobby Fish, Cryme Tyme, Gorilla Monsoon, Zack Ryder, Sabu, Tazz.

Plenty of ECW alum in there.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
New York?

Chris Jericho (always thought he was Canadian, but he was actually born in Manhasset), Bubba Ray/D-Von, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Tommy Dreamer, Bobby Fish, Cryme Tyme, Gorilla Monsoon, Zack Ryder, Sabu, Tazz.

Plenty of ECW alum in there.

Mick Foley is from New York, though born elsewhere. I certainly wouldn't count Jericho as New York given that he wasn't raised there.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Mick Foley is from New York, though born elsewhere. I certainly wouldn't count Jericho as New York given that he wasn't raised there.

Meh, I was just going by Wiki's location of birth.....they had a whole list of New York-born wrestlers.

Always considered Jericho to be from Winnipeg as I'm sure that's where he spent most of his formative years.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My vote for Canadian Provinces goes to La Belle Province of Quebec:

- the Rougeau family ( Jacques Sr., Jacques and Raymond )
- Rick Martel
- Dino Bravo
- Chris Benoit
- Ron Garvin
- Ivan Koloff
- Edouard Carpentier
- Richard Charland
- Jos LeDuc
- Kevin Owens
- Sami Zayn
- Pierre Carl Ouelett
- Pat Patterson
- Gilles " the Fish " Poisson
- Yvon Robert
- Maurice " Mad Dog " Vachon

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
abdulla the butcher is from Ontario. but started in Montreal, Quebec too. if you wanna count it.

DynamiteKid

Aug 12, 2005
Stony Plain
I’d put Alberta up with anyone, especially since it’s a fairly small population when compared with Ontario/Quebec and most states.

Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Tully Blanchard
Gene Kiniski
Lance Storm

VERY surprised to see that Blanchard was born in Calgary.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Don't forget about Arn Anderson, Bob Backlund, Jerry Lynn, Paul Ellering, Molly Holly, Scott Norton and the Anderson brothers ( Ole and Gene ).

Arn may have been billed from Minnesota due to being a kayfabe Anderson but he's from Georgia I believe. He looks a lot like Ole but he has a clear Southern accent.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Don't forget about Arn Anderson, Bob Backlund, Jerry Lynn, Paul Ellering, Molly Holly, Scott Norton and the Anderson brothers ( Ole and Gene ).

Arn may have been billed from Minnesota due to being a kayfabe Anderson but he's from Georgia I believe. He looks a lot like Ole but he has a clear Southern accent.

Dammit - you are correct. :bow: Marty Lunde is really from Rome, Georgia.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Texas has 3 of the top 10, maybe even top 7 wrestlers ever from there in Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->