Best/worst players your fanbase has hated/loved

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Okay, so lets try to keep this modern, well say from 2000 until now.

Who is the best player your team has had, that the fanbase seemed to hate?

Who is the worst player that the fan base loved for some reason?

For the leafs, I will have to say Phaneuf for the first one. Guy is having a great season, and just gets roasted by everyone on the board no matter what he does.

For the 2nd one... Probably Tie Domi. They guy was a 4th liner but some people call him a leaf legend.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Bobby Holik for best hated. The guy was great here. People just didn't like him because he was a Devil and he made too much money.

Worst loved was probably Dubinsky. Not a bad player, but he was made out to be a legend by some.

To put it in perspective, they were similar players. One was burned effigy, and people cried when the other one was traded.

member 202355

:nucks

Loved - Trevor Linden
Hated - ?

Last edited by a moderator:

HOLDITHERE*

Caps, currently.

Our fans seem to love Marcus Johansson . Who is one of the most useless forwards I've seen in a very long time.

They also hate Brooks Laich. The most consistent guy on the team aside from a few injuries.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
For the Panthers (from 2000 to now):

Best/Hated: Olli Jokinen, with Nathan Horton and Michael Frolik close seconds.
Worst/Loved: Insert any player with potential who never came close to it.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Caps, currently.

Our fans seem to love Marcus Johansson . Who is one of the most useless forwards I've seen in a very long time.

They also hate Brooks Laich. The most consistent guy on the team aside from a few injuries.

We don't hate Laich, we hate his contract. I hate Mojo, he played well the first two months and now he's the Mojo we've all come to know. Some fans are still blinded by the great two months he had to see that he's been absolute garbage aside from the goal he scored today. I hope we trade him while his trade value is high.

andrewkent14

Dec 7, 2014
Toronto
best but hated - luongo... yeah he did choke in the playoffs but all the blame was placed on him when the defence did **** to protect him and the offence didnt produce any points...

worst but loved - kassian maybe

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Best/Hated Gaborik or Nash the hates absurd for them. Hank got way too much hate last year though, but I don't think enough of the fan base actually feels that way just a small vocal group.

Worst/Loved Avery. The guy was okay for us but under torts he was pretty bad. I don't think he understood offsides. Ranger fans acted like this guy was Gretzky or something.

Worst of all time tied between Kostka and Glass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->