Best/worst on a breakaway (non-shootout)

GFY

Touhou Fanatic
Dec 21, 2013
Richmond, B.C.
Jannik Hasen for Vancouver is definitely one of them. He's had a plethora of breakaways this year and I think it's only scored on one? (correct me if I'm wrong).

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
WORST: Kyle Brodziak seems to get them every once in a while, despite being pretty slow. He also gets great scoring chances at least once a game because of his positioning.

However, he has some of the worst puck luck I've ever seen. Guy has probably hit the post the most times in the last 3 seasons or so. Can't bury the puck ever.

He had a breakaway tonight and I don't think he even recorded a shot on net.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
JT Brown has no competition in these types of threads. Not only is he the worst on breakaways, but he might well be the best at getting them. It's so bad that it's kind of endearing.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Voracek is pretty good at them. He'll cut to the middle from the right side to the left & go five hole almost every time but surprisingly still has high success pulling same move.

He does the same thing in shootouts but gets stuffed almost every time though. :laugh:

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Im not gonna say he's the best clearly but Brandon Sutter is pretty automatic coming down the right wing on a break. Probably >50% of his goals come that way.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Pacioretty (although he's gotten better recently)

Remember that game against Vancouver where he had like 3 penalty shots and missed them all, but still managed to get a hat trick?

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Kessel for whatever reason is horrible on breakaways. He scores like 1/10.

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
Best: Mario Lemieux, Pavel Datsyuk, Pavel Bure, (young) Jaromir Jagr. It seems Stamkos has been good this year.

Worst: Kyle Brodziak, John Scott, and for elite players, Crosby. For good players, Zach Parise. Parise will do a blistering 60 mph wrist shot right into the goalies chest every time.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I don't know who the best is, but one of the worst has to be Max Pacioretty. His best asset is his shot, yet he always elects to use his stone hands to try and deke.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Worst is Talbot and I doubt it's much of a contest. His strong defensive play results in turnovers where he's alone on a rush at least once a game. But he can't finish for the life of him. It's just sad. You get all excited about a breakaway before realizing who it is, then once that dawns on you the disappointment surrounds you well before he's even attempted whatever passes for a shot. No one expects Talbot to be a sniper, obviously - he does his job well enough without having to be a scorer on top of it - but for the sake of how many chances he gets nightly you'd think that he'd at least bury one here and there.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Mentioning Crosby as one of the worst is ridiculous. He's been stopped a bunch lately, that doesn't make him one of the worst. Good Lord.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad