Best win win trades of all time

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Seth Jones with 57 points in 78 games this season (.73 PPG)

Johansen with 54 points in 79 games this season (.68 PPG)

I can't imagine Nashville would make that trade again

Last edited:

Jim MacDonald

Oct 7, 2017
The Lindros trade.

See this is one where I'll say Quebec CLEARLY was the winner of this one. Maybe I'd say both teams won if Lindros got the Flyers to one more final, and for sure a win for both teams if the Flyers get one cup. This is a really good "food for thought" one though on how you determine a winner/loser for sure!

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
See this is one where I'll say Quebec CLEARLY was the winner of this one. Maybe I'd say both teams won if Lindros got the Flyers to one more final, and for sure a win for both teams if the Flyers get one cup. This is a really good "food for thought" one though on how you determine a winner/loser for sure!

Quebec was the clear loser of that trade.

The winner was Colorado.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Brad Park for Phil Esposito.

Jeff Carter for Jakub Voracek (and Sean Couturier pick).

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

columbus certainly did not win that trade.

and given how his life started going to hell immediately after leaving LA, and how he asked for a trade out of columbus a couple of months ago because he really really needs his next contract to be a home run, neither did jack johnson.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
That's about as far away from a win-win trade as one can possibly get.

* * *​
and given how his life started going to hell immediately after leaving LA, and how he asked for a trade out of columbus a couple of months ago because he really really needs his next contract to be a home run, neither did jack johnson.
The events for that mess were set in motion long before the trade, unfortunately.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
columbus certainly did not win that trade.

Oh gees, brain fart. I was thinking LA - forget that the deal was with the Jackets. Duh. Don't mind me.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
The events for that mess were set in motion long before the trade, unfortunately.

my understanding of the situation is his parents started taking out crazy stupid loans after jj got his seven year $30 mill contract. he was traded in the first year of that contact so the timeline is decently close, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad