Best ways to get over the plateau where gains aren't gaining as fast as you want them to?

Sep 19, 2008
They literally opened a new gym right down the street from my place so I can go t here and get swole and lift weights. Imma be an iron man tony stark or sumptin tss @Chippah

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Buddy of mine owns Gymshark, which if you don't know is a leading, sports fitness clothing brand delivering superior gym, fitness and sports clothing and accessories. Anyway, guy is literally filthy rich and hands out dollar bills daily. Nice guy too. Real humble. He always snaps the boys his swag. Also he works out and is ****ing yuge. Not joking. He literally had bigger doorways put in his home to accommodate his huge biceps and triceps lol.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Dunno if this thread is real or not.

But i had success with what i call "range weights".

I found my max 10 rep weight, then increased the weight to 8 reps, then increased the weight to 6 reps and so on till i reached my max lift at 4 reps.

It worked for all drills. I think i was 160 in highschool and benching 240.

As far as mass gaining goes, try 6 star mass gainer. Mix with milk or water and i think its like 2400 calories a pop. Also dont be a stranger to different types of calories. Chocolate and beer are ok too.

Sep 19, 2008
I am not going to planet fitness today because I didn't bring my workout clothes. I will go tomorrow.

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I'm literally feeling like I'm even maybe taking a step or two backwards instead of towards my goals and I wanted to ask some of the experts here what you may have done or recommend doing when your gains are feeling like they are not gaining as fast or as much?

I'm literally eating just as much if not moreso, I'm in the gym 10 or more hours/per week on a daily basis except of course the Lord's day (Sunday, day off rest) and for some reasons I'm feeling stronger but not looking bigger and literally measured and lost a halve inch in my biceps since the measurement last month (I used the same measuring tape and was flat/cold/fist-flexed)

I think it might be that I'm taking too much fiber and it's pooping out the protein before my body is utilizing it into my muscular structural building?

Then,

There's a guy at my fitnesse centre who was telling me that the only way to get more swoller faster at a point like this (he called it a "swole slump" wt*?) He says to me that you have to drop the heavy bells and pick up lighter ones and just don't even count reps and don't even do sets just pump them until you can't pump and then take a small break and eat a snack and then get back to pumping.

Is this a thing?

Another guy hears him say that and says no, he says to me you get the heavier bells and pump less but pump in sets and count your pumps and do as many sets up to FIVE sets, and then pick up the even heavier bells and pump them 5 times max and then go home, eat a huge meal and go straight to bed.

Which one works better?

Also, anyone into x-fitness? Like the one where you throw tires around and run from dobermans and do stuff that you would do in real life like if you had a tough lunchpail blue-collared type of job?

Thanks.
Literally give these a Try, this dude is a f***ing Beas`t `n` Know`s wat He`s doing:

My Gr8 GranPappy use 2 Do these in the Army Navy `n` would literally get S`tronger `n` S`tronger `n` S`tronger `n` S`tronger. He was Liderally the Smalle`s`t kid in his Class `n` wen he Did these He became #LiterallySwole. :yo: I`ve also Use`d these before when I was literally shrinking `n` I Literally use`d this TechNique `n` Bust`d rite out of my #PumpSlump. :yo::yo::yo::yo:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Literally give these a Try, this dude is a ****ing Beas`t `n` Know`s wat He`s doing:

My Gr8 GranPappy use 2 Do these in the Army Navy `n` would literally get S`tronger `n` S`tronger `n` S`tronger `n` S`tronger. He was Liderally the Smalle`s`t kid in his Class `n` wen he Did these He became #LiterallySwole. :yo: I`ve also Use`d these before when I was literally shrinking `n` I Literally use`d this TechNique `n` Bust`d rite out of my #PumpSlump. :yo::yo::yo::yo:

like it or not this is what peak athletes look like!!!

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad