Best Ways To Follow Round 2+ Picks/Analysis

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Ok, we've all seen the horrendous coverage of day 2 of the NHL draft. It's great the NHL network steps up and provides some coverage, but the coverage they do offer is weak ass. They often spend the entire morning discussing old issues from round 1.

I want fresh outtakes, and up to date commentary on the picks as they happen in rounds 2-7.

Is there some type of place I can find this?

I would imagine ESPN radio in Minny or some kind of Sports Talk Show is out there breaking down and following the draft more in depth.

Does this type of thing exist?

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I remember last year in Edmonton on the radio they had full coverage of the second round. Didn't bother listening to the other rounds though.. so I'm not sure.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
It's pretty aggravating....

I mean on TSN they had draft shows on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and then the 1st round on Fri...they put sooooo much into the draft and yet we can't get some freaking decent Day 2 coverage....!

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I usually end up bouncing around a few websites clicking the "refresh" button. Just because there's really very little point in watching the NHL Network coverage. Occasionally you get a peak at the board or they actually talk to/about a newly drafted prospect, but mostly it is just re-hash of the 1st round and generic filler material. Wander around the various news outlets, NHL.com, just find the draft board that seems to be updating closest to real time, and that's the best you can do. The NHL Network coverage is just a background drone.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
I usually end up bouncing around a few websites clicking the "refresh" button. Just because there's really very little point in watching the NHL Network coverage. Occasionally you get a peak at the board or they actually talk to/about a newly drafted prospect, but mostly it is just re-hash of the 1st round and generic filler material. Wander around the various news outlets, NHL.com, just find the draft board that seems to be updating closest to real time, and that's the best you can do. The NHL Network coverage is just a background drone.

You're telling me. Those so called experts are maybe in back room weeping because they were so wrong with their predictions.

I think they loop their programming. They could be live and comment on table movement or who is talking to whom without have the subjects on screen.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
They usually have a good coverage of Round 2. I remember last year when we drafted Jarnkrok (near the end of the round) and Aubry in Round 3, they actually showed them come down from the seats and meet the team. After that they just went to interviews with Round 1 picks (and I missed Pulkkinen being picked :cry:).

Either radio or just spam the F5 button on NHL.com (or a similar sports website with good hockey coverage, I guess).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->