Best way to curve a blade

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
A plastic blade? Honestly I wouldn't bother. They flex soo much, think of all the energy lost in your shot. Are you playing ball hockey? because a cheap abs stick will be a million times better than the plastic blade.

But if you plan on using the plastic blade, I'd recommend using your foot. Just put the blade under your foot, while you hold the stick and apply pressure where you want it to curve.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
A plastic blade? Honestly I wouldn't bother. They flex soo much, think of all the energy lost in your shot. Are you playing ball hockey? because a cheap abs stick will be a million times better than the plastic blade.

But if you plan on using the plastic blade, I'd recommend using your foot. Just put the blade under your foot, while you hold the stick and apply pressure where you want it to curve.

I agree. If you really want to get a nice curve on a plastic blade, the best thing I can think of is just to sit down with the stick and use your hands to evenly work the curve. Using your foot is fast and easy, but it usually makes a sharp bend instead of a proper curve.

However, I agree that you should get a cheap wood stick. You can get a very good street/ball hockey stick for between $15 and $25 Canadian. Plus you can get a lot of these inexpensive models pre-curved so that you don't have to worry about it. If you live near a Sportchek (Canadian sporting goods store), they're having a sale on right now. I got a CCM Vector V20 with the Joe Thornton curve for $22 the other day. All I need it for is street hockey and I'm happy with my purchase.

aerialis

Oct 7, 2005
toronto & pittsburgh
a possible solution then is to get a cheap wooden stick, cut off it's blade, and then screw on the plastic one.. thats what my U does for floor hockey atleast.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I have the stick. I was just curious if there was a better way to curve it rather than the classic foot.

Usually I get more of a "bend" rather than a "curve," but if I'm patient it will be fine.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Like the guy alluded to above, I used to curve the old Mylecs around a pipe or a chainlink fence rail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad