Best video game soundtrack?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
This soundtrack is really, really good.

Maybe I should wishlist the actual game on Steam :laugh:
Super underrated game. Its attached to that awful movie so I think that's why it didn't do good but if you like Metroidvania this game is a MUST play. Really a great game.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
GTA - Vice City and GTA - San Andreas

Nothing else comes close
Came here to say this, lol. I listen to songs from the Vice City soundtrack daily. My GF actually created a spotify playlist of songs from it because of how often I was requesting her to play them in the car, lol.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Anyway, I'm a sucker for old Nostalgic OST's.

The Final Fantasy series has some absolute Beauties when it comes to soundtracks, IMO...

I was hesitant for the Remastered music at first, but they did a pretty fine job with it, though certain songs I prefer the original.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
And who can forget about these masterpieces....?

These songs are soaked in nostalgia for me, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I have incredibly fond memories of playing The Sims. These songs seem to have a particularly strong emotional reaction from a lot of people.

Reactions: Roman Fell

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Anyway, I'm a sucker for old Nostalgic OST's.

The Final Fantasy series has some absolute Beauties when it comes to soundtracks, IMO...

I was hesitant for the Remastered music at first, but they did a pretty fine job with it, though certain songs I prefer the original.

you can't go wrong with any of Nobuo Uematsu's work.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Disappointed in each and every one of you for not mentioning The Last of Us even once.

Shame on you.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
NHL 08
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

Actaually haven't played this game but this song is awesome:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'd have to go with:

1. Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II

-Both scored by Jeremy Soule, who went on to do Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

2. Heroes of Might and Magic III

-Paul Romero did such a great job of capturing the essence of the different factions.

3. Mass Effect (1, 2 and 3)

-I enjoyed the original tracks from Mass Effect I and II, scored by Jack Wall, as well as III for which they hired Clint Mansell (who did the great OST to the film, Moon)

Last edited:
Reactions: HerpaDerp

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Ahh yeah KOTOR!

I also just thought of Far Cry: Blood Dragon. Just 80's sci-fi / action movie music. So good!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
GTA - Vice City and GTA - San Andreas

Nothing else comes close

I have a hard time considering these when thinking about soundtracks because they are "real life" songs, not music composed for the game.

I like San Andreas' soundtrack a LOT more but IV has the best one and V the worst one.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Witcher 3 is excellent

Everyone knows the Fields of Ard Skellig, but this one is also ony of my favourites

Theres also Kaer Trolde, which It hink is better then Ard Skellig

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->