Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2004-2005 baby face gimmick

• AEW Jericho

• Total voters

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
2008 Bockwinkel Jericho was the best and also a diretion I never really would have expected from him. Then WCW heel Jericho.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Was barely watching, if at all, during 08-10 period of Jericho so I can't really comment on that one.

I'd say WCW Heel, OG Y2J and The List are my top 3.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The one where he threw Shawn Michaels face through the Jeritron

Not really old enough to know a ton about the man of 1004 holds but that promo was a 10

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Are we considering AEW Jericho an extension of NJPW Jericho?

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Voted for the list of Jericho. But if I went to rewatch his 99-01 run (which to me was his original Y2J persona). It would likely have my vote. The list was just so damn entertaining with Owen's

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The original WCW heel gimmick for me. To see that take off back in the day, it was the best thing in the entire company to many including myself. I was far from a cruiserweight nerd, but THAT was flat out awesome. I always liked him in WCW up until that point, but that's when he became a favorite. I've liked him in every incarnation that I've seen since, but I stopped watching around the mid-00s. I'm sure he's still as entertaining as ever though.

Reactions: Kaner9

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Tough call. I went with The List, barely edging out his debut Y2J persona.

The List made me watch WWE religiously for the first time in over a decade.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Tough call. I went with The List, barely edging out his debut Y2J persona.

The List made me watch WWE religiously for the first time in over a decade.

Before the list I thought that Jericho was pretty much done. "Cool Dad" Jericho right before the list was pretty bad, but he clearly found something that set him up for yet another resurgence.

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004
The original WCW heel gimmick for me. To see that take off back in the day, it was the best thing in the entire company to many including myself. I was far from a cruiserweight nerd, but THAT was flat out awesome. I always liked him in WCW up until that point, but that's when he became a favorite. I've liked him in every incarnation that I've seen since, but I stopped watching around the mid-00s. I'm sure he's still as entertaining as ever though.

Agreed...Man of 1004 holds/Bore-Us Malenko. All of it was pure gold. It was essentially the Y2J version of Jericho before he came to WWE so I would almost consider them the same character but he was absolutely hilarious around that time.

HELLO WINSTON-SALEM

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Agreed...Man of 1004 holds/Bore-Us Malenko. All of it was pure gold. It was essentially the Y2J version of Jericho before he came to WWE so I would almost consider them the same character but he was absolutely hilarious around that time.

HELLO WINSTON-SALEM

Agree. It was very similar and since the audience was dying to see him jump ship, he was already set to go. No repackaging, no angles, it didn't matter. They/we were just frothing at the mouth for his debut in WWF!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
WCW heel Jericho was really surprising at the time because nothing he'd ever shown indicated that he was capable of work like that. Lionheart Chris Jericho was as bland a white meat babyface as you can get.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
WCW heel Jericho all day long. The other top vote getters though, Y2J and "hypocrites" heel Jericho are up there as well.

Jericho is my all time favorite wrestler and his ability to reinvent himself successfully over and over again is incredible.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
When I look back on the brilliance of Jericho in WCW.

Heel Jericho "It will never evvvvver happen again, man of 1004 holds, Conspiracy theory, Greenberg calling out Jericho was awesome. While he was strong in WWE he never hit the creative heights he hit in WCW. Saying that

Serial killer soft talking suit wearing Jericho best in the world at what I do, Michaels is a hypocrite so I punched his wife was brilliant as well

The duo of Jerishow was so brilliant and the way they broke it up like it was a romantic relationship that was over made me laugh.

The stuff that he's doing now just isn't near as good and seems like its almost random throwing crap at the wall style stuff.

I honestly think that Jericho is so smart and creative that he literally needs someone to filter what he's doing because of his enormous ego.

I think his next gimmick should reflect his weird trump hard right wing personal opinions.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
When I look back on the brilliance of Jericho in WCW.

Heel Jericho "It will never evvvvver happen again, man of 1004 holds, Conspiracy theory, Greenberg calling out Jericho was awesome. While he was strong in WWE he never hit the creative heights he hit in WCW. Saying that

Serial killer soft talking suit wearing Jericho best in the world at what I do, Michaels is a hypocrite so I punched his wife was brilliant as well

The duo of Jerishow was so brilliant and the way they broke it up like it was a romantic relationship that was over made me laugh.

The stuff that he's doing now just isn't near as good and seems like its almost random throwing crap at the wall style stuff.

I honestly think that Jericho is so smart and creative that he literally needs someone to filter what he's doing because of his enormous ego.

I think his next gimmick should reflect his weird trump hard right wing personal opinions.

That is TOTALLY where jerichos going next. It might be good ith lots of options on aew to target or it might be terribad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad