Best VAN draft pick, selections 61-90

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
It would be interesting to start a new series of threads (one at a time) with a poll where we can vote on the best player we ever drafted (wether they ended up playing for us or not ) at round #9, #8, #7... and so on...

I guess that might be a little time consuming if there isn't a website that lists our draft history organized by rounds. I've been looking, but haven't found one yet.
Now looking at what is today the 3rd round – picks 61–90.

Well, sort of... I realized with the inclusion of Alex Edler in the "current fourth round" pool (despite being drafted into a 30-team league) that compensatory draft picks aren't taken into account here. Whatever. Blocks of 30 are still what count.

So yes, picks are organized in groups of 30, rather than what round they were at the time (as though the league always had 30 teams).

The selections are color-coded for position, and ordered in descending number of games played.

Picks 61-90 (Current 3rd round):

61-90-a_zpskyw6qzpw.png

61-90-b_zpsznok9rtb.png

And remember this isn't just about how fond your memories of them are as Canucks, it's about who the best selection was (on whatever criteria you devise).

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Rogers shares elite company in that he is one of only four players to have scored 100 or more points in his first three NHL seasons, the others being Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Peter Stastny

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
Rogers shares elite company in that he is one of only four players to have scored 100 or more points in his first three NHL seasons, the others being Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Peter Stastny

Jeez you copied that word for word from wikipedia, anyways, helps when your first NHL season is your 7th professionally.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
I switch my vote from dirk graham to mike Rogers now that he is listed as an option

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad