best undrafted nhl prospects

AbsolonMoreau*

JP Anderson, the kid who nearly made the Canada U-20 WJC as an 18 year old! He is also the best goalie in the OHL right now.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
This is perhaps a stupid question but who is allowed to play in the NHL without beeing drafted? There is alot of players, but is the demands. For instance players over age XX? Or is it years in a professional league? And do the rules differ from NA to Europe and for instance SEL?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
This is perhaps a stupid question but who is allowed to play in the NHL without beeing drafted? There is alot of players, but is the demands. For instance players over age XX? Or is it years in a professional league? And do the rules differ from NA to Europe and for instance SEL?

This should answer your questions.

NHL Draft Basics

hedgeway

Jan 1, 2010
Waterloo, ON
Never heard of any of those players mentioned above:help:. But for the Canucks, Tanev is a very good prospect even though none of you probably know him at all.

Most of us do know who David Tanev is because we're hockey fans and not just fans of one team.

Barnabyboy

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
My pick is Marek Hrivik of the Moncton Wildcats. He was ranked around the 4th round, but went undrafted. Ended up invited to Colombus camp. Pretty good offensive player, i get to see him often in Moncton.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Is he going to get a shot on the Canes next season? he's pretty much proven all there is to prove at the AHL level. Pens have Mark Letestu and Ben Lovejoy on the NHL roster who were both undrafted.

Probably not. It's nothing of his doing though. Players like Boychuk, Dalpe, Bowman, Brett Sutter (or Matsumoto) and Nash seem to have the inside track to a roster spot down the road. Then add in the fact that players like Skinner, Tlusty and Dwyer are on the roster already there seems to be no room for him.

If he wants to be a successful NHLer, he has to be in a scoring role. If he were to be on the Canes this year or next, Maurice would just put him on the 4th line (see Boychuk, Bowman, Dalpe) and his game does not fit the 5 minutes he'd get on our 4th line.

I want to see Samson succeed, I really do. But I'm afraid it will never be with Carolina.

Last edited:

Deker21

Sep 24, 2009
Thunder Bay On
That little guy Montreal has(Deshanair), he's produced at every level he has played in and now is starting to produce for the Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad