Best U23 Player in the World

Who is the best U23 Player in the World?

• Jadon Sancho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joao Felix

• Frenkie de Jong

• Matthijs de Ligt

• Lautaro Martinez

• Total voters

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ive seen him operate 3/4 positions. Plus he likes to roam freely like Lio. So they can sort it out amongst themselves on the field he would fit like a glove. Barca DNA
I think Havertz would work on the wing. I think he would work in really any position you put him in. He’s just much better centrally. I also think he would look really good on basically any team. He’s such a smart player. The way I rate the players on this list are Mbappe, Havertz, Sancho as the first tier and then TAA, Frenkie, Haaland in the next and then the rest in the next.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think Havertz would work on the wing. I think he would work in really any position you put him in. He’s just much better centrally. I also think he would look really good on basically any team. He’s such a smart player. The way I rate the players on this list are Mbappe, Havertz, Sancho as the first tier and then TAA, Frenkie, Haaland in the next and then the rest in the next.
I think most smart, creative players tend to be better centrally this is why Messi excelled in that false 9 position and why he continues to operate there further away from goal though. As Lio does fade out ( :( ) Kai will inherit that role. But in the mean time he's best at wing. I agree with those categories but again these guys won't all be in contention for best players alone.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Best question is who's 2nd.
Mbappe has numbers Ronaldo and Messi couldn't touch at his age, and he's already World Champion (and not as a passenger like El Fenomeno at 17).

Reactions: Cassano and Savant

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
  1. Mbappe
  2. Havertz
  3. Sancho
  4. Haaland
  5. TAA
  6. de Jong
  7. Lautaro
  8. de Ligt
  9. Felix
I think it is really close in the 4-7 range. de Ligt had a rough year compared to last season and I can definitely see him rising come 2020-21 if he gets off to the right start.
I would put the guy in your avatar 6th on that list at worst with the season he's having.

Of course keep in mind that the fluidity of young players on this list on a season-to-season basis. Last year, MDL Felix and FDJ were probably #1, #2 and #3 with little debate.

Would be shocked if Ihattaren isn't top 10 by end of next season.

Reactions: robertmac43

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He’s not. It’s still Mbappe. Granted I picked Havertz in the poll but that was more of to give him a vote because he’s one of my favorite young players.
Honestly I didn't wanna say this but it's like comparing Messi to the rest. Obviously Mbappe isn't Messi but he's so far ahead of these guys right now. Again this could change in a couple of years.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Honestly I didn't wanna say this but it's like comparing Messi to the rest. Obviously Mbappe isn't Messi but he's so far ahead of these guys right now. Again this could change in a couple of years.
Yup. Sancho has had an incredible year, but Mbappe has been doing that for 4 years since he was 17/18. It's just not necessarily close yet.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Mbappé is still up there, but his development the last two years hasn't been stellar. If I were a manager signing one of the players now it'd be Havertz.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Mbappe’s “development” hasn’t been great because he was already world class at so many things :laugh:

Sure, a world-class player that seems to have reached his peak early. It's by no means negative that he's still close to his level two years ago as that level was already very high, but development-wise it does come with at least a shade of disappointment too.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sure, a world-class player that seems to have reached his peak early. It's by no means negative that he's still close to his level two years ago as that level was already very high, but development-wise it does come with at least a shade of disappointment too.
Well when his peak is only behind Neymar/Messi in ability

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean if you're peak is scoring a goal a game I don't think plateauing is necessarily an issue?

Reactions: Gecklund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->