Best U23 Player in the World

Who is the best U23 Player in the World?

• Jadon Sancho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joao Felix

• Frenkie de Jong

• Matthijs de Ligt

• Lautaro Martinez

• Total voters

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who is the best U23 player in the world? If you picked other, please specify who.

To be eligible for this poll, a player must be eligible for youth competitions, and thus be born in 1997 or later. The list of options was provided by the list of the highest market values on transfermarkt.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think at the moment it's hard to choose anyone other than Mbappe or Sancho, but Mbappe is the right answer. His combination of explosiveness, on the ball ability and lethality in the final third is unmatched almost worldwide let alone u23. I think there are many u23 players out there better than Joao Felix, Mathijs de Ligt and Lautaro Martinez though, don't think they measure up against the other names listed (for example I'd take Joe Gomez, Sandro Tonali, Alphonso Davies and Federico Valverde at least over them, probably even, vomit, Marcus Rashford, also).

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
  1. Mbappe
  2. Havertz
  3. Sancho
  4. Haaland
  5. TAA
  6. de Jong
  7. Lautaro
  8. de Ligt
  9. Felix
I think it is really close in the 4-7 range. de Ligt had a rough year compared to last season and I can definitely see him rising come 2020-21 if he gets off to the right start.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think it's Mbappe but I think Havertz is right behind him and by the end of the season (if it ends) will pass him.

I think Mbappe is a class above the rest. But crazy to see how much kai’s stock has risen this year. I only started watching Bayer for Palacios in January but he has completed won me over. Funny thing is he wasnt talked much about until january even tho he had a better year last year.

1. Mbappe
  2. Havertz
  3. Sancho
  4. Haaland
  5. TAA
  6. de Jong
  7. Lautaro
  8. de Ligt
  9. Felix
I think it is really close in the 4-7 range. de Ligt had a rough year compared to last season and I can definitely see him rising come 2020-21 if he gets off to the right start.

this is a good list but Felix will be better than Lautaro in the long run me thinks. Lautaro for me isnt even going to be the best Argentinian of his generation.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Mbappe for now quite easily too.

No disrespect to the other but his pedigree as a 21 years old is insane. It would be great to see him play outside france though (hopefully it will happen sooner than later)

Reactions: robertmac43

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Honestly we are the winners with all that talent. What a crop
I know it's relying a lot on these players hitting their potential, but I think the next 'crop' is even better. Camavinga, Ihattaren, Cherki, Gravenberch, Wirtz, Reinier, Kouassi, Fati, Doku, Veron, Unuvar, Elliott, Reyna etc. etc. is going to be insane.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I know it's relying a lot on these players hitting their potential, but I think the next 'crop' is even better. Camavinga, Ihattaren, Cherki, Gravenberch, Wirtz, Reinier, Kouassi, Fati, Doku, Veron, Unuvar, Elliott, Reyna etc. etc. is going to be insane.
I dont think Fati is all that special tbh. He has good potential just dont think he will be elite.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Does Reyna qualify as UK Homegrown for being born in Sunderland?

Feel like LFC might need to up their homegrown quota a little bit with Lallana on the way out; even if Jones winds up getting some of those minutes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm going to go with Mbappe, but Sancho has closed the gap a lot this season. It's definitely close, but Mbappe is more accomplished, so he edges it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Does Reyna qualify as UK Homegrown for being born in Sunderland?

Feel like LFC might need to up their homegrown quota a little bit with Lallana on the way out; even if Jones winds up getting some of those minutes.

There's no way Reyna is leaving this summer. Next summer might be more unlikely with that likely being the departure date of Sancho and Haaland. A transfer of Reyna probably isn't a relevant discussion point until Summer 2022.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dont think Fati is all that special tbh. He has good potential just dont think he will be elite.
Maybe, he's shown some pretty good stuff at 17 which is nice. There are better young prospects out there IMO, but he's still not looking out of place at the top of the heap at 17.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There's no way Reyna is leaving this summer. Next summer might be more unlikely with that likely being the departure date of Sancho and Haaland. A transfer of Reyna probably isn't a relevant discussion point until Summer 2022.
Didn’t Mean this summer. More interested if he would have HG status

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe, he's shown some pretty good stuff at 17 which is nice. There are better young prospects out there IMO, but he's still not looking out of place at the top of the heap at 17.
Meh maybe i just have the same feeling i had with Munir. Maybe im still suffering from Bojan. We’ll see.

agreed theres other ones who look better

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
I vote Havertz! He s the biggest talent. Mbappe has a big advance(There is easily to vote hin for majority).

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah! Welcome to the club!
Im not sure what he even said tbh. Im still not understanding how people have Kai ahead of mpabbe? The kid has been stellar in every competition. Kai on the other hand has been amazing and i love his style(more than mpabbe) but hes clearly not on his level. Maybe in the future which i still doubt but maybe. For now theres one clear answer.

im not even certain where kai falls in Sancho/felix category. Could be just a flavour of the month thing.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Im not sure what he even said tbh. Im still not understanding how people have Kai ahead of mpabbe? The kid has been stellar in every competition. Kai on the other hand has been amazing and i love his style(more than mpabbe) but hes clearly not on his level. Maybe in the future which i still doubt but maybe. For now theres one clear answer.

im not even certain where kai falls in Sancho/felix category. Could be just a flavour of the month thing.
I said earlier that Mbappe is better but I want to give Havertz some love.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I said earlier that Mbappe is better but I want to give Havertz some love.
Fair enough he is a stellar player... im getting antsy about his future though. By all account he was destined to leave in the summer but nobody has stepped up. Barca too invested in the great pjanic for some reason.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fair enough he is a stellar player... im getting antsy about his future though. By all account he was destined to leave in the summer but nobody has stepped up. Barca too invested in the great pjanic for some reason.
He’d look great at Bayern

Lewa
Muller-Havertz-Gnabry
Thiago-Kimmich
Davies-Alaba-Sule-Pavard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->