Best type of cardio machine to buy

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Start with a cheap bike, like the cheapest department store one you can find. See how you like it before you buy one with all the bells and whistles. What you do is the purpose of the machine, not all the features which you will probably never use.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Old thread here, but this fits. Bought an Assault Air Bike today (being shipped soon) and am pretty excited to use it. Anyone else have some experiences, positive or negative, they want to share?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Old thread here, but this fits. Bought an Assault Air Bike today (being shipped soon) and am pretty excited to use it. Anyone else have some experiences, positive or negative, they want to share?

Best decision youve ever made. Nobody who uses them properly should have any negatives.

Once a month or so check for loose parts and grease/tighten before it leads to broken parts.

Put it on a mat or something not slippery. Or else have a towel close by because sweat will drip everywhere.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Best decision youve ever made. Nobody who uses them properly should have any negatives.

Once a month or so check for loose parts and grease/tighten before it leads to broken parts.

Put it on a mat or something not slippery. Or else have a towel close by because sweat will drip everywhere.

Now that is exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you for the insight. Seems like a badass workout and utterly insane....and I like that.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I have an Assault Air Bike and it insanely good for cardio. On another level. it is such a love/hate relationship with those things man but for me there is nothing better on the market to get your ass kicked

Reactions: maxb221

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
If you don't have or want to use a heavy bag, go with a skipping rope instead. You'll burn a shit load of calories by doing only 10 - 15 mins after each weight session compared to boring ass steady state cardio.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
My cardio used to consist of kettle-bell raises (more of a full-body HIIT thing), which always left me gassed. However, my wife recently purchased a higher-end rowing machine (the one that uses actual water resistance). I tried that on a medium setting and went pretty hard. I thought I'd be able to do 20 minutes to half an hour easy. I struggled to finish three minutes before resting. Now, I do three sets of three minutes and I'm soaked in sweat. It's not only great cardio, but my legs, arms and lats really feel it too.

For years I ignored the rowing machines at the gym. Those were some wasted years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad