Best True 2c in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Kesler or Dubinsky would be my answer.

You don't consider Couture a #1 center?

I'm not sure it's arguable, he's for sure better than Krejci.

Boston is a weird team in that regard. Everyone acknowledges Bergeron is better than Krejci, but Krejci gets more talented linemates, more offensive opportunities, and more ice time, whereas Bergeron is used for more difficult minutes.

Bergeron is definitely better, but Krejci is technically the #1 C.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'd rather think of it this way:

"Who is the best center in the league that is NOT the best center on their team?"

The reason Malkin isn't included is because there wouldn't be a discussion if he were. What would the point of the thread be if he were?

AHB*

Who is ahead of him?.... Brassard?......

Stepan. Kesler is a very good 2C, he hasn't really been a 1C in a few years. Stepan is really trending upward. He's at a PPG this year since coming back from injury and is arguably our best defensive forward. I don't think he's a true #1 and Rangers fans will destroy me for that, but I do think he's marginally better than Kesler at the moment.

And to the guy who posted on the last page about Malkin, there's a difference between someone like Kreijci who would be a 2C on probably half the teams he played on versus Malkin who would literally be a 1C on any team outside o Pitt. He is arguably the best player in the world at times. There is no way this guy is a 2C.

And if you REALLY want to go by semantics (which is just pathetic) than we can rename the thread, who is the best 2C BESIDES Malkin, because it's not even a competition or discussion at that point..

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Did Zetterberg die or do you just think he sucks?

He's 32nd in faceoffs taken. If you consider Seguin a center with his 195 faceoffs, I'd say Zetterberg with his 504 should be considered one.

I considered Zetterberg more of a Winger then a C. I thought he was playing on Datsyuk's wing a lot this year. If he's not then my bad, he's obviously a 1C.

Stepan is the Rangers 1C.

He may be a 1C for the Rangers, but he's not a 1C in terms of around the league. He's a good 2C and one of the better one's, but not a 1C. You should reread the OP.

Turris is being criminally underrated in this thread.

Nope. Turris is however apparently being very much overrated by a lot of Sens fans. He's certainly not a 1C. He's a 2C, but he's not on the same tier as Plekanec, Kesler, Little, etc.

How do you not include Turris in either of your lists?

Again, see the above.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
He may be a 1C for the Rangers, but he's not a 1C in terms of around the league. He's a good 2C and one of the better one's, but not a 1C. You should reread the OP.

If we're going by the metric of "top 30 centers" for 1C, then Stepan is absolutely a 1C.

Kesler is a very good 2C, he hasn't really been a 1C in a few years.

Kesler, to me, is still top 30 in the league. He's a number 1C. Ditto for Krejci.

To answer the original question, my (homer) vote goes to Brassard.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Nope. Turris is however apparently being very much overrated by a lot of Sens fans. He's certainly not a 1C. He's a 2C, but he's not on the same tier as Plekanec, Kesler, Little, etc.

If Sens fans were to overrate Turris, we'd be calling him a true #1C. Most are coming in here saying he should be in contention, rightfully so. He plays first line on Ottawa and therefore faces toughest competition, isn't insulated as a #2 should. Out of your first list, he's 2nd (tied with Plekanec) only to Bozak in points. So you can argue all you want that we sound bias, but I would argue your exclusion of discussing him in that big list of centers is a little weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad