Best Trade Deals Around

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
Why you should look to the Oilers for your depth additions:
  • Lots of 1 year players at affordable contracts
  • Oilers GM will be away for 2019 draft so, when draft picks are on offer, would be more interested in 2020 picks instead of this year
  • Oilers are pretty much at the cap floor so in some deals you get the added bonus of dumping an undesirable equal value contract
  • Even with the new signing rules and org size changes the Oilers have lots of room to take on players
In short there is almost no scenario a team couldn’t make a deal with the Oilers work to their benefit be that to add to your starting lineup or just improve your injured reserve.

There are very few guys not available for trade so in short I’m open to almost anything but here are some general ‘preferences’ and considerations:
  • When talking mid to late picks I’ll give preference to offers that upgrade an existing 2019 or 2020 Oilers pick versus adding more day 2 picks
  • In cases where the length and/or annual value of the bad contract being sent to the Oilers is notably greater than the Oiler being traded for it may be factored into the asking price (to be evaluated on a case by case basis)
  • While not expecting blue chippers and open to young depth guys/mid-tier prospects please know I’m also not looking to become the dumping ground for the very low probability prospects – I have enough of those ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->