WJC: Best Teams

Leaf Predator

Mar 1, 2007
Kingston
So I'm not shocked or disappointed that Canada didn't win gold and I really don't care that much. This years team wasn't that good and I think we relied too much on checking and grinding getting the job done when all the other top teams used their skill to win. I really feel we made piss poor selections for the team and used certain players wrong, as well as our defense being the worst for Canada in a long time. Worst selections for me are Ashton and Foligno. Ashton was terrible and Foligno is a ******, poor mans Kassian.

I still feel the best teams in the tournament were, in order:

Sweden
Russia
USA/Canada
Finland
Switzerland
etc

Sweden should have made it to the final and I think they had the best combo of blinding speed, skill and grit, if only Landeskog had played.

I'm just sort of rambling.

What are your thoughts if any?

paradeofwolves

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
I'm sorry, what? Canada and the US on the same level? They performed much better throughout the entire tournament (even with difficulties in net) in a much harder pool and then beat the US pretty soundly. That's my main gripe with your ranking.

Leaf Predator

Mar 1, 2007
Kingston
I'm sorry, what? Canada and the US on the same level? They performed much better throughout the entire tournament (even with difficulties in net) in a much harder pool and then beat the US pretty soundly. That's my main gripe with your ranking.

Alright fair enough. Anything else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad