Best team to build upon

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Flyers - Carter, Richards, Pitkanen, Alexandre Picard, Eager

If you went up to 25 you could also include Niittymaki, Gagne, Seidenberg, Umberger, Sharp

Thrashers have more potential superstars with Kovalchuk and Lehtonen, but I think the Flyers have a more solid team, especially if you loosen that restriction by a few years.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
1) Atlanta (Kovalchuk, Lehtonen, Valabik, Coburn, etc..)
2) Washington (Semin, Ovechkin, Eminger, Green, Schultz, Morrisone, etc....)
3) Florida (Bouwmeester, Horton, Weiss, Stewart, Krajicek, Olesz etc....)
Atlanta far and away, but Washington and Florida aren't too shabby either to say the least.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
pit said:
Flyers - Carter, Richards, Pitkanen, Alexandre Picard, Eager

If you went up to 25 you could also include Niittymaki, Gagne, Seidenberg, Umberger, Sharp

Thrashers have more potential superstars with Kovalchuk and Lehtonen, but I think the Flyers have a more solid team, especially if you loosen that restriction by a few years.

If it was 25 the Flames would look much better than 22.

22 and under:
Phaneuf, Ramholt, Nystrom, Kobasew, Prust, Chuko

25 and under:
All the guys above plus Regehr, Leopold, Ference, Lombardi, Krahn.

The defense is pretty solid. But still many teams with young talent to be taken ahead.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
If Pittsburgh had one or two good players/prospects more together with Malkin and MAF, they could be mentioned as well. Two great prospects aren't enough. But future franchise center backed up with possible franchise goalie is something good to start of.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Joe_Strummer said:
but I'd also like to throw in Nashville, with Suter, Hamhuis, Klein, and the rest of our future d-core (Sulzer, Kulyash, Stehlik & co)

I really like what Nashville is doing. They don't have the Heatley's, but they do have solid solid young players. Probably the least recognized of the teams that have done a splendid job building a winner.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
atlanta also has heatley, but hes like 23, but still young enough to build a franchise around.

Columbus not bad either, especially if they get Crosby

Liquidrage*

eddy said:
I think it's between Washington, Florida and Atlanta. I'd probly take Atlanta by a close margin.

I don't think it's that close a margin.

If Horton can stay healthy and Weiss and JBo play as good as people act like they already do, then it would be.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
DarthSather99 said:
If you had one choice as to what team you would take of players 22 years and younger, whoich team would that be?

22 years and younger?

That displaces Luongo and Heatley, so...

Atlanta, Washington, Florida, Pittsburgh

ftyutin51

Jul 2, 2004
Huntington Bay, NY
Vman said:
Just wondering, what about NYR? Do they have any good prospects?

Ivan Baranka
Nigel Dawes
Hugh Jessiman **
Maxim Kondratiev
Lauri Korpikoski
Henrik Lundqvist
Al Montoya

^^ IMO, those 7 prospects can become huge players for the Rangers if they're used correctly. Not sure if some of them are prospects anymore.. atleast they're young!

[didn't include my favorite player, Fedor Tyutin, since he played a season already.]
----
I think the Atlanta Thrashers will defintely be one of the 'stronger' teams in a few years. Ilya Kovalchuk, Dany Heatley, Braydon Coburn, Boris Valabik, Kari Lehtonen, Grant Lewis, Petteri Nummenlin, Michael Vannelli, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->