Best Stanley Cup finals you ever watched?

se7en*

2006, no way. No one respects a winner that had the easiest/luckiest road to the Cup than any other team in NHL history.

The best final in my lifetime was easily the '87 finals, with the '94 finals a close second. Four deserving hockey markets, and two of the most entertaining series of the last twenty-five years. The Oilers and Rangers won the Cup on pure talent, they didn't need lucky breaks every playoff round (like devastating injuries to the opposition) to be considered favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wetcoaster

1967. The Leafs and the Habs. Unbelievable series. Toronto was huge underdog. Too old, too slow, yesterday's team according to the pundits.

Toronto wins in six games, Pully (Bobby Pulford) scores a double OT winner in game 3, Jimmy Pappin gets the Cup winning goal, The Chief scores the clinching empty netter in game 6 and my favourite Leafs player, Davey Keon wins the Conn Smythe.

I still remember the last minute of the game - 41 year old Allan Stanley, 37 year old Tim Horton, 39 year old Red Kelly, 36 year old George Armstrong and 42 (or whatever) year old Johnny Bower on the ice for the last Leafs' Cup. IIRC it was also the kid Pulford at 31 years of age also on the ice.

And then Harold Ballard..................:shakehead That cured me of my Leafs fanaticism.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
2006, no way. No one respects a winner that had the easiest/luckiest road to the Cup than any other team in NHL history.

The best final in my lifetime was easily the '87 finals, with the '94 finals a close second. Four deserving hockey markets, and two of the most entertaining series of the last twenty-five years. The Oilers and Rangers won the Cup on pure talent, they didn't need lucky breaks every playoff round (like devastating injuries to the opposition) to be considered favourites.

Bitter much?:sarcasm: :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->